Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all,

This is my first post. Yay. I have, however been a lurker for the past three years or so. So, here goes . . .

All of the pictures of the English box backs in the gallery show that Colosseum is made in Germany. However, every time I have gone to buy this game, the box on the shelf says "Made in China." This is a big no-no for me - game-wise and otherwise.

My question, I guess is this, are there actually English copies of this game that were made in Germany, or am I chasing a wild goose?

Thanks for your answers,
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was made in China, so I cannot help you. However, I doubt that DOW could afford 2 different printing of the game. The only copies are probably made in China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the whole process.... many of these designer games are designed in Germany/Europe/England/US, and the like, but are manufactured in China. Even these days, dunno if you can get around the latter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Further, a great many games are merely Assembled in whatever coutry from parts manufactured elsewhere.

It might say "Made in USA" and be made from Chinese made pawns, mexican made dice, and Canadian printing. (One game I bought detailed just that inside... the Box said "Product of USA")

DoW has never hid the fact that they used Chinese printing on Colosseum. They cited that eruopean printing would have almost doubled the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leopold
United States
Stowe
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again.

I was not necessarily faulting Days of Wonder for their manufacturing decisions - unless, however, it makes a difference - like it did with Ticket to Ride: Switzerland.

There are, however, two pictures in the gallery of "Made in Germany" box bottoms of English editions. I was just wondering if these exist and if so, where.

Thanks,
Bob

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/211759

and

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/199216

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.