Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to announce a new game that will be available in time for Essen 2008 (23 Oct 2008). It is created by my dear friend spindoc (Dean Tan). Below is an excerpt from his website (http://www.outplaygames.com). If you preorder now, you will get an additional monster and an extra character to play with. This offer is only good if you preorder before Essen. Check it out at Booth 4.127 (Essen 2008)

Set during the Great Fushimi earthquake in Japan 1596, On the hillside of Arima, away from the preying eyes of the villager lays a deserted keep. Protected by a strange defensive mechanism and terrifying creatures engineered to guard its deadly secret,you are sent to retrieve it the Breastplate of Judgment, a biblical artifact that holds the key to omnipotent powers.....PLAY THE GAME!

Different Characters...
You can choose one of six characters with different playing style and equipped with different weapons and skills and fight your way to retrieve the mysterious artifact.

Multiple Battle Platforms….
You may team up with your friends to battle monsters, the vicious Gatekeeper or even with each other to survive.

Unpredictable and Deadly….
Random switching rooms, unpredictable earthquakes, deadly monster attacks and your “friends” reduce your chances of survival.

SWITCH: Secrets of the Temple is an adventure board game designed with simplicity in mind yet while having awesome fun with your friends. A fun gameplay with a beautifully rendered map and individually different play style of characters and a story inspired by historical details in the backdrop of the sengoku period.

Difficulty : Medium

Time : 45-90 minutes

Player : 2-6 players

CONTENT

6 Characters
5 Monsters
1 Gatekeeper
1 Board
10 Rooms
30 Power Cards
12 Monster Cards
32 Unleashed Cards
16 Event Cards
36 Wish Cards
14 Item Cards
16 Dice
1 Rulebook
1 Playmat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun, but there is absolutely no information about the game itself on the site.

Pictures, and maybe even rules would be great! At the moment I have no idea what the game is about and how it plays.

Sounds like fun though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
Hey guys, the website is still work in progress. More details and pictures will come once the printer delivers the materials to our office for photo shoots and us getting the green light from the japan office. We will probably bring limited units over to Spiel. Exciting times for us, i say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
Australia
Darlington
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great box art.
Can't wait to see what's inside and how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
We have got more pics on the website of the back of the box, cards, game pieces and extracts from the 8 page Rulebook.I hope its good enough to meet expectations. Thanks for the emails and support all.

This project started off like a community project, everyone had a hand in building Switch Secrets of The Temple from the ground up like my 9 year old son, the artists involved, designer, game testers, gamemasters, retailers in japan and malaysia, printers and so many of the Boargamers, Pokemon, DnD, MoTG, WoW, StarWars miniature gamers that walked thru the door of the gameshop. Impressively, most or all of them were volunteers. Their believe,enthusiasm and endless gaming got SWITCH to where it is. Thinking back,the real secret of the temple was them. Thank you guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very interesting. Surprised there's no BGG game page for this considering it ships in like a week?

EDIT- My mistake, there is a page for this- Switch: Secrets of the Temple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.