Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What should be the scale of Bolide? So, how much meter is the distance between 2 grid points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a normal GP circuit in real life has a track width between 10-18 meters, I would say a good estimate would be 15m track width. So that being said, the distance between two points could be about 4-5 meters. The cars aren't to that scale though, so I am not sure how you could go about it. Maybe say that the width between two points is 3 meters to make it more "to scale" according to the cars. That would make the track 12 meters wide, which would be more in line of older GP circuits (Monza, Zandvoort etc) and many American circuits are much narrower than the new GP circuits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmhh.... what i meant was:
if we take 350km/h as the max speed of a F1 car, and our Bolide max speed of 8 points, we find that the 1st speed is a bit more of 43km/h, the 2nd is 86km/h and so on....

Now, i can't get how to use this to build a real F1 track... says Imola, as example:

Knowing that it is 4933m long, and that the race record is 1′20”411 (Ferrari F2004), how much points should it be long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, i try to go farther....

TGov wrote:
...the distance between two points could be about 4-5 meters

I tend to agree with this. Bolide cars are all but well proportioned, as you can see here

so i'll don't look at them at all
More, having the F1 cars an average lenght of 4m (over the years also) i'd say that the distance between 2 points are 5m (so a car slipstreaming another is 1m or less behind).

edit
So, back to the Imola track, to build that lenght we will need more than 980 points!!!
In the LaCoquille track, if i trace a line in the middle, using also 45° diagonals, i count 177 points, for an average track lenght of 885m... i'm a bit lost.

Any clue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The track width is obviously stretched and I don't believe scaling the cars is an appropriate solution either.

I would suggest taking the track lap speed and converting it at a rate of perhaps 0.5 seconds per point. That would mean LaCoquille (177 points as you counted it) would have a lap speed of ~1'28" 5

So your Imola design should be about 161 points in length...

- C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.