Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

the rulebook as well as the Nation Cards often refer to areas "South of" or "North of" certain regions (mostly York and Cheshire). Does the term "South of York and Cheshire" include York and Cheshire as well?

This gets especially confusing when both terms are mixed up in one paragraph (eg. Roman Withdrawal on page 15). Is there any official ruling? I didn't find anything in the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bert_nerdsen wrote:
Hi,

the rulebook as well as the Nation Cards often refer to areas "South of" or "North of" certain regions (mostly York and Cheshire). Does the term "South of York and Cheshire" include York and Cheshire as well?

This gets especially confusing when both terms are mixed up in one paragraph (eg. Roman Withdrawal on page 15). Is there any official ruling? I didn't find anything in the errata.

It means what it says. If it's "south of york/cheshire" then those two are not included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cannoneer wrote:
bert_nerdsen wrote:
Hi,

It means what it says. If it's "south of york/cheshire" then those two are not included.

This is true, but in the specific case mentioned, the rules on page 15 are wrong. The FAQ includes an errata, which specifically states that you can replace Roman forts in York and Cheshire with Romano British armies, but not north of there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Braund
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

This is true, but in the specific case mentioned, the rules on page 15 are wrong. The FAQ includes an errata, which specifically states that you can replace Roman forts in York and Cheshire with Romano British armies, but not north of there.

Yes, so the rules in this case should say South of and including York and Cheshire. My revised rules say 'in or south of' and that should be the wording of the rulebook in the new version that has just come out.

So there are two flavours for geographical limits in the rules or on cards:
'in or south/north of' - including the named areas
'south/north of' - excluding the named areas

You just need to watch out for where the rules carry the wrong wording, all cases of which should be in the FAQ and should be corrected in the new rules.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Fiorelli
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevebritgimp wrote:
DaveD wrote:

Yes, so the rules in this case should say South of and including York and Cheshire. My revised rules say 'in or south of' and that should be the wording of the rulebook in the new version that has just come out.

You just need to watch out for where the rules carry the wrong wording, all cases of which should be in the FAQ and should be corrected in the new rules.

ninja

Where do I find last FAQ and/or official errata?

tks, Mauro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gedeone wrote:
stevebritgimp wrote:
DaveD wrote:

ninja

Where do I find last FAQ and/or official errata?

tks, Mauro

This still seems to be the most recent

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Britannia/brit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've another geographical question for the Gibsons Edition: The island with ">" shape between Skye and Dalriada, Is it part of Skye or Dalriada?. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
rhora12 wrote:
I've another geographical question for the Gibsons Edition: The island with ">" shape between Skye and Dalriada, Is it part of Skye or Dalriada?. Thanks.

Part of Skye. Skye is adjacent to both the Icelandic and Irish Seas. Dalriada is only adjacent to the Irish Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John David Galt
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That island is called Mull. In both Gibsons and FFG Britannia it is part of Skye and thus makes Skye adjacent to both the Irish and Icelandic Seas. But in Avalon Hill Britannia, Skye is only adjacent to the Icelandic Sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.