Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,
In the booklet with the sample game, there is a section where a tile with 2 land edges and 2 sea edges is ruled as having no legal place to play. But it looks to me to fit in the same area where the next chosen tile legally fits. Could someone explain why it would be illegal to place that there?
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you refer to the example on page 11 (it would really have helped if you mentioned the page), it surely is a mistake. In fact, any tile would fit in that space, since there is only one adjacent tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the reply! Sorry about that, I didn't have the booklet on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Oops, the booklet is correct. The diagram is showing the player's first tile being played; therefore there is no legal placement for the 2nd tile (the tile with the X on it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you were the one reading the booklet... I just trusted your words and took a quick look at the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Yep, my bad. I shall never doubt The Booklet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Corbett
United States
Easton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Hello again,
In the Big Rulebook, pg 5, section 7, "C. Move the Ship", in the example diagram, can the ship use the tile it's on as a starting space? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.