Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is use of a commander card the only way to be able to bring in supporting units during an attack? Or can one play a supporting unit card to add it's combat value and die roll?

Asked another way, which of the following options are legal?

Option 1: Player A attacks Player B's unit with his 1st Infantry. The defender doesn't play a withdraw, commander or unit card. Player A then plays a commander card which allows him to have the 2nd Infantry join the attack. The base attack value is the sum of the 1st and 2nd Infantry attack strength plus the 1st Infantry's die(dice) roll.

Option 2: Player A attacks Player B's unit with his 1st Infantry. The defender doesn't play a withdraw, commander or unit card. Player A then plays a commander card which allows him to have the 2nd Infantry join the attack. To do this Player A has to play a 2nd Infantry card. The base attack value is the sum of the 1st and 2nd Infantry attack strength plus the 1st AND 2nd Infantry's dice roll.

Option 3: Player A attacks Player B's unit with his 1st Infantry. The defender doesn't play a withdraw, commander or unit card. Player A then plays the unit card of his 2nd Infantry to join the attack. The base attack value is the sum of the 1st and 2nd Infantry attack strength plus the 1st AND 2nd Infantry's dice roll.

Option 4: Player A attacks Player B's unit with his 1st Infantry. The defender doesn't play a withdraw, commander or unit card. Player A then plays a command card to have the 2nd Infantry join the attack. He does not play a 2nd Infantry card. The base attack value is the sum of the 1st and 2nd Infantry attack strength plus just the 1st Infantry's dice roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve E.
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a commander card is the only way to bring in supporting units.

You can then play unit cards for those supporting units, as well as additional cards for the original attacking unit. You are NOT forced to play these additional cards .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Thanks. That makes the game a lot less bloody then how we were playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Silva
Portugal
Matosinhos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's like this:

Cathan wrote:
Option 1: Player A attacks Player B's unit with his 1st Infantry. The defender doesn't play a withdraw, commander or unit card. Player A then plays a commander card which allows him to have the 2nd Infantry join the attack. The base attack value is the sum of the 1st and 2nd Infantry attack strength. To this add the 1st Infantry's die(dice) roll (for the card that started the attack) and any dice rolls from additional unit cards (for either unit) that the attacker chooses to play.

Emphasis are my changes to the original text.

If I am wrong I hope someone corrects me as I would be playing the game wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo Moura
Portugal
Sintra
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tás correcto. Aliás, acho que as regras não deixam margem para erros e dúvidas em qualquer aspecto (exepto os erros de impressão - pursuit e guerrilha).

Tu que és um tipo criativo, faz lá um baralho para a pátria lusitana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that options 1&4 are the same. They seem correct. If you had a card for the 2nd unit you could play it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.