Popular Tags: [View All]
Manos Velivassakis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am wondering how I can estimate the current value of my collection. I have about 100 games. Some of them are common games like Carcassonne or Coloretto, others are more rare like Princes of the Renaissance or Betrayal at House on the Hill. Also the majority of my games are in "Like New" condition, but I have a few in "Good" / "Acceptable" condition.

Have you any suggestions about which is the safer method to approach as good as it gets the current value of my collection?

After that, I am thinking to keep in a Excel sheet, both the price that I paid for each game to acquire it and its current value. Then I can update this list at will.

If you like to give me an example,you can use these games as sample:

Liberte - Like New
In The Year Of The Dragon - New
Aegean Strike - Good (ingame components) / Acceptable (box)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In print-shrink-wrapped or opened, unpunched/unplayed: ThoughtHammer value
In print-punched, not played or very lightly played: 3/4 Thoughthammer value
In print-punched, played, complete, no damaged components-2/3 to 3/4 ThoughtHammer value

OOP: average eBay prices accounting for similar condition (shrink, unpunched, complete, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add a caution about eBay prices on OOP/rare titles. An average may be helpful, but I think that's the best you can achieve there.

While I wouldn't ignore eBay's results on current/past auctions, prices vary according to market demand at the time something is offered (or according to what the seller sets as a starting price!).

Just a note to keep in mind. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualify: value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Velivassakis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.