Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'm looking for Darkest December ATS wargame, new still in shrink wrap.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10246

Please message me if you know where I can get it on-line or have one copy to sell.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw your post over on the CH forums about the game, but Critical Hit may be your only shot at it new-in-shrink right now if it's actually still available. I've had a few exchanges with Jason at WargameDepot that have led me to believe that CH isn't particularly adept at keeping their distributors/retailers up to date on what's actually available and what isn't, and they've got a bit of an odd track-record with their product distribution--e.g., everywhere I checked online told me that Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works was out of print and totally unavailable, but Critical Hit had a copy in my hands within a week [though that copy was missing the map, which took me another 2 weeks to get sorted out].

And, like you, I've had uneven experiences with buying directly from CH, though I have ultimately always received my product [actually getting the Arnhem Master Set into my hands was an ugly process though I had no hitches on 2 previous buys].

Unfortunately, if it's not currently available from CH, it's probably trapped behind the Bloody Omaha release and the reprint of Berlin: Red Victory in the print queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure it is between printings so CH will not have any right now. They do show up on EBay sometimes. You might want to relax the idea of an in shrink copy. I am sure there are a number of people who have a copy that has been opened but unplayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Justin,

I contacted CH and asked them if they have DD in stock, at this point I will accept CH slow shopping as long as they have it in stock...we will see (hopefully I will get a reply soon)

I have the Stalingrad Basic Game II and as well Stalingrad Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works module as well I like them both, I'm Eastern Front nut!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hey Justin,

I contacted CH and asked them if they have DD in stock, at this point I will accept CH slow shopping as long as they have it in stock...we will see (hopefully I will get a reply soon)

I have the Stalingrad Basic Game II and as well Stalingrad Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works module as well I like them both, I'm Eastern Front nut!

I'm an Eastern Front junkie too, so landing a copy of DTW was a must. I was also excited to score a copy of Berlin: Red Vengeance [which is actually between printings at the moment sadly] at the WBC auction a few months back. Hope they have a copy of DD for you as, though I haven't come close to getting it to the table, it really seems to be the most versatile of the ATS boxes--it's got a couple of decent expansions plus fair variety of scenarios in the box itself.

One item you might want to look at is picking up the ASL Valor of the Guards HASL module if you can find it reasonably cheap as there are ATS scenario conversions available for them online. There's no such thing as too much Stalingrad when it comes to tactical squad level gaming as far as I'm concerned

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogmatix wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hey Justin,

I'm an Eastern Front junkie too, so landing a copy of DTW was a must. I was also excited to score a copy of Berlin: Red Vengeance [which is actually between printings at the moment sadly] at the WBC auction a few months back. Hope they have a copy of DD for you as, though I haven't come close to getting it to the table, it really seems to be the most versatile of the ATS boxes--it's got a couple of decent expansions plus fair variety of scenarios in the box itself.

One item you might want to look at is picking up the ASL Valor of the Guards HASL module if you can find it reasonably cheap as there are ATS scenario conversions available for them online. There's no such thing as too much Stalingrad when it comes to tactical squad level gaming as far as I'm concerned

Hi Justin,

I got reply from CH yesterday that DD is on back order...oh well will have to wait a bit. Besides 2 ATS Stalingrad modules I also have Panther Line, Clash Along the Psel and against all Odds. So it will do for now...

ASL is my #1 tactical wargame and I spent already few hundred coins on its modules. I have Red Barricades and VotG (3 copies). I'm currently playing VotG CG with a friend of mine with SASL II (Tom Morin the designer of VotG is working on SASL Rules) Yeah, no such thing as too much Stalingrad! Did you read Island of Fire from Jason D. Mark? It's a great read about battle for Red Barricades down to tactical level as ASL. I have other books from him and they are all amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
dogmatix wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hey Justin,

Hi Justin,

I got reply from CH yesterday that DD is on back order...oh well will have to wait a bit. Besides 2 ATS Stalingrad modules I also have Panther Line, Clash Along the Psel and against all Odds. So it will do for now...

ASL is my #1 tactical wargame and I spent already few hundred coins on its modules. I have Red Barricades and VotG (3 copies). I'm currently playing VotG CG with a friend of mine with SASL II (Tom Morin the designer of VotG is working on SASL Rules) Yeah, no such thing as too much Stalingrad! Did you read Island of Fire from Jason D. Mark? It's a great read about battle for Red Barricades down to tactical level as ASL. I have other books from him and they are all amazing.

Hey there Peter

I started getting into ATS, picked up most of the boxes and started wrapping my head around the system, and then suddenly had an opportunity to pick up a nearly complete (AH/MMP product anyway--short only Doomed Bat and 1 HASL mod I already owned) ASL set for a song. Now, I see we share yet another gaming "quirk" in common--around 14,000 counters to punch, clip, and store . I haven't checked out JD Mark's books, but I will. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogmatix wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
dogmatix wrote:
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hey Justin,

Hi Justin,

Hey there Peter

I started getting into ATS, picked up most of the boxes and started wrapping my head around the system, and then suddenly had an opportunity to pick up a nearly complete (AH/MMP product anyway--short only Doomed Bat and 1 HASL mod I already owned) ASL set for a song. Now, I see we share yet another gaming "quirk" in common--around 14,000 counters to punch, clip, and store . I haven't checked out JD Mark's books, but I will. Thanks for the heads up!

Justin,

I don't really punch out the counters....I only did that with ASLSK 1,2,3 modules only. For the most part I play on VASL so there is no need to punch out 14k counters. In terms of ATS I have only punched out the 2 Stalingrad modules that I have, obviously. Actually I have laminated the DTW and setup one of the scenario including using GHQ miniatures for vehicles. I just got Warfighting Guide #2 and ROBOT ATS solitaire looks really interesting, I just need more time.

You should definitely check out J.D. Mark's books at least Island of Fire before it goes out of print fast! I have never red a book like this, the book gives you raw data...what happened every day so you get a clear picture on tactical level what happened. Lots of tactical maps (fights are described almost building by building, buildings are numbered so that you can easily follow up) with amazing quality print paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.