Subject: Looking for a second opinion... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Sánchez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a disappointing experience with a Licensing company I was wondering if you could help me pick one to get a second opinion on my game which I'm been developing in for the last two years.

Foremost, its a miniature wargame with expandable content intended for hobby game companies like Wizards of the Coast, Wizkids, Fantasy Flight Games, or similar smaller companies.

I was thinking about New Funtiers (http://www.newfuntiers.com/), as its classic strategy board games warning at least let me think they've worked with my type of game before and can give me a fair evaluation (the fact that they're listed in WotC's website also helps).

Thanks in advance for any help on this,

KX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro José Moreno
Colombia
flag msg tools
mb
They may receive your submission, but that would probably be 100 petro-dollars down the drain (just joking, my camarita). Look at the kinds of games they have licensed successfully: a bunch of gimmicky kids games and puzzles. You should take the warning seriously, as meaning several months you could waste waiting for an answer, instead of spending them further developing your game. (Unless your miniatures do something really special, like flying or throwing their own dice).

And why look necessarily in the States? A Chilean publisher has an original and successful card game a la Magic, and I think they also license or else import some miniature games. Can't remember the name, right now. But as a second opinion I can share that old movie quote: "If you build it (completely), they will come". The publishers, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Sánchez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joking or not, please don't bring unrelated themes to this forum and don't assume things based on the flag on my profile.

Regarding Salo, it's a great Latin American game company I'm really proud of with great card games on Chile and Mexico; but - as I've learn while trying to get my game published - developing miniatures is neither easy or cheap (they also don't receive submissions).

thnxs anyway, still looking for options,

KX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Fantasy Flight and WizKids don't accept game submissions at all; they do everything in-house. Wizards of the Coast accepts games submissions from "professional game designers" only, whatever that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ketty
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiser Xavier wrote:

Regarding Salo, it's a great Latin American game company I'm really proud of with great card games on Chile and Mexico; but - as I've learn while trying to get my game published - developing miniatures is neither easy or cheap (they also don't receive submissions).

I wouldn’t recommend Salo in any way. Even if they received submissions, DONT send them anything. They will take your game, study it and copy anything they’ll like without paying you a cent. I'm not the only one who has had troubles with Salo, I also know 3 chilean designers (and I’m sure there are many more) which have the unfortunate idea to send them their games and end up like me... (including the designer of a CCG which is actually on the market). They take advantage on the deficiency of the law regarding games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Sánchez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that, its sad that instead of promoting new ideas supporting designers, they seem to take them for themselves.

still looking for options...

KX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.