Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

is Siam Japanese territory at the beginning of the game?

if so why don't Japanese units begin there?

does Japan collect the 2 IPC's there at the beginning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Siam starts as Japanese-controlled, and Japan gets the income from it. As to why there are no units in it, not all territories start with units in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
Yes, Siam starts as Japanese-controlled, and Japan gets the income from it. As to why there are no units in it, not all territories start with units in them.

Just to add to this perfectly correct comment, when I first got this game I found an official FAQ on-line which stated in no uncertain terms that Siam starting without any units in it, although considered Japanese controlled, was not a mistake and in fact corresponded to the real historical situation the designer was trying to emulate. I don't know if that FAQ still exists but it was on the Wizard of the Coast website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.