Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever said that you don't have to pull those stringy things off if you peel a banana from bottom to top is misinformed. Just so we're clear, I've done it both ways and there were stringy things each time, so it's not just just a simple matter of proper fruit orientation confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Shouldn't this be in R,S,P?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My kids are convinced that there is a "spiky ball" at the bottom of a banana. They cannot eat a banana without saying "Dad, make you sure you take out the spiky ball!"

I try to tell them, guys, there's no such thing as a spiky ball. They insist, though. I have to break off the bottom half inch of a banana before they will touch it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

My kids are convinced that there is a "spiky ball" at the bottom of a banana. They cannot eat a banana without saying "Dad, make you sure you take out the spiky ball!"

I try to tell them, guys, there's no such thing as a spiky ball. They insist, though. I have to break off the bottom half inch of a banana before they will touch it.

Reminds me of a work acquaintance that was convinced that every single banana she ate had a little clump of spiders in the gap between the end of the banana and the skin. She would never eat the last bite or pull the banana out exposing the end.

We used to joke at lunch, "Hey Caroline, what's that crawling on your arm?!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

Reminds me of a work acquaintance that was convinced that every single banana she ate had a little clump of spiders in the gap between the end of the banana and the skin.

But she still ate bananas?

Jeff rule #8 - Do not eat fruit containing spiders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

I had a roommate that wouldn't eat pickles unless they were cut, for fear of razor blades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

Funny! I mentioned this comment to my wife who instantly took me into the kitchen, grabbed a banana, peeled it down, and lightly twisted the very end of the banana from the peel and showed me. Sure enough, there is a little "ball" of banana with a "spike" sticking out of it still in the peel. The spike is soft and it is what leaves the little hole in the very end of the banana but still... It's a spiky ball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cheng
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I like to break my banana in half. The popping sound is cool. The side effect is if you don't succeed the first time, your banana sort of turns into mush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fsumarc wrote:
Rubric wrote:

Funny! I mentioned this comment to my wife who instantly took me into the kitchen, grabbed a banana, peeled it down, and lightly twisted the very end of the banana from the peel and showed me. Sure enough, there is a little "ball" of banana with a "spike" sticking out of it still in the peel. The spike is soft and it is what leaves the little hole in the very end of the banana but still... It's a spiky ball.

Really...?! Mystery solved, I guess -- it's apparently a wife thing. I know my kids got the idea from my wife. Did you actually see it, or were you just humoring her?

I've personally never noticed any spiky balls at the bottom of a banana, and I will continue refusing to acknowledge their existence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
Really...?! Mystery solved, I guess -- it's apparently a wife thing. I know my kids got the idea from my wife. Did you actually see it, or were you just humoring her?

I've personally never noticed any spiky balls at the bottom of a banana, and I will continue refusing to acknowledge their existence.

Oh yea, I witnessed it. I touched the spike. And I posted it to show you your kids aren't crazy just like she told me to. I guess I should have listened to her and taken the picture for posting too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jeffwiles wrote:
Jeff rule #8 - Do not eat fruit containing spiders.

Wait, what? Now I need to know rules 1-7!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.