The Princes of Florence» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
United States
flag msg tools
Played By: Jonathan D. John M. Lincoln D. Dave A. Peter B.

Oh the indignity!

This was a game where pigs could fly, builders could sell for 200, and lakes could go to 600+.

After once having been a strong Prince player, I hadn't won this game in forever and a day. But today was my day. I was able to get two best works, one shared, early on. I soon realized that my strategy was going to require me to get one of each of the Landscapes - never a problem. I bought a Prestige card, prayed, and hallelujah, picked the one that granted 8 points for having all 3 Landscapes. By turn 4 I pretty had my entire game - and victory - calculated and laid out.

And then came turn 6, when John started bidding up the lake. At 500, I said "to hell with it", knowing that I could wait until last turn. Finally in turn 7, suddenly Dave starts bidding up the lake! What are you doing to me, Dave? I had no margin of error - I only left myself 200 for that lake, figuring if I needed to "borrow" I could do so for one or two hundred. But Dave kept on going, and I stopped bidding. In fact, I had forgotten that I needed the forest not only for my last work (I could live without it) but for my 8 point bonus! Oh please, guys, let me get back in! Fugheddabout it. Dave explained that he too needed the forest for a Prestige card and for a final work, and he'd allocated 1100 to buy it.

Cruel fate! Peter won by about 5 points
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.