Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Essen 2008 is almost there and my yearly 'hungering' for a Crokinole board starts acting up again. As I never found one in a local store and I have to resort to a webshop (eg : www.crokinole.de), I'm a bit afraid that the board will be damaged during the transfer (postal workers have a tendency to throw around with things... And to mow down colleagues with machineguns but that's a whole different discussion...) .

So, I was wondering if there will be any high quality boards up for sale at Essen? I didn't spot any last year but who knows, did I overlook them?

thanks for any response!
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an all year hunger for HIGH quality crokinole boards.
With essen it diminishes a little bit.

It's a long shot but you never know.
Last year they were selling Carrom boards at essen. Perhaps if you could contact them you could find out if you can order a crokinole board with them and pick it up in essen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi there Kris!

Thanks a lot for your reply
It's a pity that those boards are so big, otherwise, most of us wouldn't have any doubts about purchasing these (I think)

But concerning those Carrom boards : I'm certainly willing to contact them but do you have any idea what the firm / supplier is called? Not a problem of course if you don't

Thanks again and have a lovely weekend,
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Neither of you found one here in Belgium? I'm also very interested. Did you try that online store in the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry it took me so long to respond.
At their website they don't mention crokinole even once..
I don't know their page anymore. I found them using the publisher list for spiel 07.

Let me know if you manage to get a good board.

I was thinking of ordering a Hilinski board myself. And inquired a year ago how much shipping would be (100 dollars)soblue

I asked what the shipping cost would be for two boards. Carl said to double it. As it is to big to fit two in a box.

If any of you decide to take the plunge let me know by geekmail.
I might join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi there to all Belgian people in here

How is it by the way that a lot of "us" Belgian geeks are interested in these boards? Perhaps I should open a local Crokinole store over here and make tons and tons of money

@ Pokke : unfortunately not, had a look in Essen but didn't spot any boards :-( And alas, as I didn't have the URL...

@ Kris : no worries! Everything flex! I was somewhere else anyway the last couple of days... So no, I didn't manage to get or find a decent board but that Hilinski board does seem splendid. But I am certainly interested to buy a "grouped" Crokinole board somewhere -> but as you he will just double the shipping price, what will the use anyway? Oh well, throw those suggestions my way :-)

/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Desmet
Belgium
Heverlee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Did one of you already find a Crokinole board in Belgium?
Just to say that another Belgian is also interested in a purchasing a board .

Cheers
Maarten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Maarten,

Alas... Still nothing I'm afraid, perhaps we should start a webshop ourselves? ;-)
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:

Hi there,

Essen 2008 is almost there and my yearly 'hungering' for a Crokinole board starts acting up again. As I never found one in a local store and I have to resort to a webshop (eg : www.crokinole.de)

I don't know why Hans Reinhold still has that website running, as he stopped making those boards some time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang! Another option gone So this means we Europeans have no possibility of ordering one of those boards? At least: "locally"? (without the need to cross the big pond?)
/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
Dang! Another option gone So this means we Europeans have no possibility of ordering one of those boards? At least: "locally"? (without the need to cross the big pond?)

Yeah. The most annoying thing (for me!) is that Hans is a friend of mine, and I have played Crokinole with him several times - but never got around to ordering one his games...
cry

You can still buy boards in Europe though. But I don't know anything of their quality.
This French shop has a board for 300 Euro: http://aucoindujeu.com

Okay. Just spotted their link to Mr. Crokinole - so the quality should be okay! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your efforts! Thumb and Geekgold coming up It seems that even that site is out of boards : they say : "La disponibilité de ce jeu est repoussée à une date ultérieure, nous n'avons pas plus d'informations pour le moment." : the availability of the game has been postponed to a later (undefined) date, we don't have any further info at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Desmet
Belgium
Heverlee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for all the effort!
I have just found the site of Wizard Games (http://www.wizard-games.co.uk/game/cPath/39/Crokinole.html) and they do sell a board but it seems that they don't ship to Belgium... In any case, I have sent them a mail and as soon as I have an answer I will tell you more.
Cheers,
Maarten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a look myself : it seems they do ship to France though (amongst other countries) > I reckon that Belgium shouldn't pose a problem ;-)

joematti wrote:
Wow, thanks for all the effort!
I have just found the site of Wizard Games (http://www.wizard-games.co.uk/game/cPath/39/Crokinole.html) and they do sell a board but it seems that they don't ship to Belgium... In any case, I have sent them a mail and as soon as I have an answer I will tell you more.
Cheers,
Maarten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Verstraete
Belgium
Ooike
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hellokes,

Pleased to see that there are other Belgians looking for Crokinole.

It has been mentioned before, but Essen 2008 was a Crokinole desert. Nothing there.

A shipment solution out of Germany was huifkar (http://www.huifkar.de/) but because there aren't any stores left in Germany who sell Crokinole, that is also a dead end, maybe through ebay?

I'll keep on waiting, until the right offer presents itself.

Just for the record, they are selling Carromboards in "Den Makro", no kidding, i don't know what the quality is but it is worth a try.

greetings

thomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Zelller
Germany
Schramberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to keep the european sources for Crokinole boards up to date:

www.crokinole.de is alive again. The carpenter who has always been building those boards has overtaken the website and they are delivering boards again. A friend of mine just got one and it is top quality. Even though the website is not updated yet, the online ordering form has been re-instated.

bye
Wolfgang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.