Popular Tags: [View All]
Angela Kincaid
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It being the sparky hours of the morning (y’know, when you see those sparks at the edges of your peripheral vision?), we got out something fluffy and fun: Zapp Zerapp. I like this game. It’s fun. It’s noisy. It’s cute. Men *hate* this game. Maybe because they’re bad at it. That’s right folks, women can pick up a piggy bank, shake it, and tell you within 4 cents how much is inside. An excellent skill to have for this game.

For those of you who don’t know, Zapp Zerapp is a game of skill. Yes, that’ s right, skill. First the dice are rolled. Dice? Skill? Dice? How’s that work? Let me ‘splain. When the dice are rolled, everyone starts wildly grabbing the “madness kegs” in the center of the board and shaking them. Inside each keg is a certain number of stones. If you pick a keg (and you can shake as many as you like, but you can only have possession of one keg at a time) which has a number of stones equal to or less than the number shown on the dice, you get to move that number of spaces.

Once on the movement track, the game plays a lot like Pachisi. But I really like the schtick of the madness kegs. The person who maintains sanity the best (i.e. guesses best with the kegs) and moves all of his pawns home
becomes the Wizard King for the year. Until the drumbeat of the kegs is heard again…..

Results:
Alyssa won. Mark didn’t even want to finish. Jen and I laughed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.