Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Fellow Gamers

First of all to say thanks to Mark H Walker for provide us the wargamers with such a wonderful game as LnL 'A Day of Heroes', I have developed an addiction to it and in fact I ordered through download both Forgotten Heroes and its expansion Anzac Attack. Needles to say, I pre-ordered A Ring of Hills as well. Mark, excellent job!

Now an inquiry, perhaps Mark himself or any other fellow can help me: I played 'A Day of Heroes' scenario the other day(what a blast!), and the special rules mentioned that passangers inside vehicles can fire their SW(support weapon), but if the vehicle is in Assault Movement mode the modifier will be -4. My questions:

1.There is a -2 modifier for troops firing ON(not in) vehicles. So it is -4 due to -2 for vehicle AM and -2 for firing from inside the vehicle while moving? I assumed ON means passengers traveling outside the vehicle(those with PO and/or PPO).

2.In the other scenarios involving vehicles('stand and deliver', for example), the special rules do not mention anything about passengers firing from inside the vehicle to outside the vehicle. Due to the very nature of the conflict ADOH covers, I played it as allowing the passengers inside to fire out with -2 modifier(if vehicle moves) or -1 mod(if vehicle is not moving).

3.On the same path as point 2, It is always allowed to fire SW from inside the vehicle to a target outside it? or it is just for 'a day of heroes scenario'? By the way SW I understand refers to M-249 or M-60; you will not fire an RPG-7 from inside a vehicle(the backblast might kill everyone inside).

4.Following 3, the SW can be added to the passengers inherent FP or not?

Sorry for the long post fellows; not a hurry, when you can please let me know. Your wisdom and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Jumval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Heath
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just started playing this game and can't find any refenence to firing from inside a vehicle, only passengers firing whilst riding outside. I would say passengers inside could fire as well with a -2 penalty. In Blackhawk Down (the book)there are plenty of instances of troops firing from vehicles. Blaze away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply.

The reference to passengers firing from inside a vehicle is in the scenario card for 'a day of heroes'; in the v3 rules manual there is no reference, as you correctly mentioned.

I kept playing this awesome game observing that modifier: -2 if passengers firing from inside a vehicle in movement, -1 if passengers firing from inside a non moving vehicle. Also the passengers can fire a Direct Fire capable SW(no ordnance fire SW firing from inside a vehicle), and if the firing unit is a half squad(more often than not) can either fire its inherent FP OR SW(not both) according to v3 rules.

By last if you started to play ADOH, I recommend to try 'a day of heroes' scenario; I have played almost all and none disappointed me, but 'a day of heroes' is really superb, a real nail bitting situation.

Regards,

Jumval

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.