Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has what appears to be a press release on their site, which has me curious...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/article-jinteki.html

Now, I tried to do some digging, googling Jinteki Corporation but their site is down, or at least I can't access it from my location.

Anyone know what the heck this Jinteki Corporation is? I don't think it's real, but it certainly is mysterious...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah down from my end too.

The gut-feel I got from the article was that Jinteki Corporation were more of a component manufacturer (possibly miniatures or cards given the nature of FFG's titles) than a publishing company...but I could be wrong.

It would seem odd to announce a partnership of that kind as it usually isn't the done thing but perhaps this will become more common as companies look to secure cash flow lines (and financial credibility) in these economic times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No... I get the feeling that Jinteki is not a real corporation... I'm guessing it is some sort of fictional company... But I've not heard of it...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
I agree with Gabe. I assumed it was a fictional company for some new game they were releasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Purring
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check it out, y'all!

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26513

Seems to be some sort of Alternate Reality Game involved, dating back to GenCon in August. Pretty cryptic still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CovertDad wrote:
No... I get the feeling that Jinteki is not a real corporation... I'm guessing it is some sort of fictional company... But I've not heard of it...

ninja

Are you suggesting that this could in fact be a breadcrumb trail that leads to a new pre-Christmas release?

Could FFG truly be that diabolical?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely not real. It seems to be some sort of viral marketing thing that's been going on since at least as far back as GenCon. Not too much information yet. Here's afew hits I got from the site and forums...

Jinteki Corporation headquarters are located in beautiful New Angeles, home of the celebrated Beanstalk. Branch offices and research and development laboratories are located in Osaka, Japan and Noctis Labyrinth on Mars.

Jinteki is devoted to ending our current age of scarcity and bringing about a new age of plenty, in which humankind’s labors become labors of the mind and the spirit.

If you’re reading this, I’m dead. I saw something Jinteki didn’t want anyone to see. What you’re reading now is my insurance. If something happens to me, I’ve rigged some computer programs to release my data files to the net. I can’t do too much at once, or IS will notice and purge the system. If you want to expose Jinteki for the murdering scum they are, then keep your head down and gather up the data I’ve left behind. Don’t be too obvious, or Jinteki will catch on and shut you down. I’ve encrypted everything to try and obscure the trail a bit more, but if you talk to anyone else about this, do it on the Phantom forum. I’ve rigged it to be invisible to Jinteki. For the next step, I’m going to have my Secretary agent vet you out and see if you’re okay, so you’ll need to enter your contact email below. If you check out, you’ll hear from me again on the 3rd of September.

To: Angela (FERIWICCAN) unread 9 of 9
7.9 In reply to 7.8
I am ready to evolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm... this site seems to be working...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok getting it now.

Wouldn't it be cool though if our hobby reached a point where games were truly promoted through mysterious clues and paper trails (requiring their own departments) and Geeks with way too much time on their hands would dedicate countless hours to meeting shady characters in diners and so forth as they aim to unravel the mystery. In essence it would be a game within itself - a real life role-playing game of sorts.

Cool yes...but I must get of the illicit drugs. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Ok getting it now.

Wouldn't it be cool though if our hobby reached a point where games were truly promoted through mysterious clues and paper trails (requiring their own departments) and Geeks with way too much time on their hands would dedicate countless hours to meeting shady characters in diners and so forth as they aim to unravel the mystery. In essence it would be a game within itself - a real life role-playing game of sorts.

No, Neil. I wholeheartedly agree. I love the viral stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr T.
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wittdooley wrote:
Neil Thomson wrote:
Ok getting it now.

No, Neil. I wholeheartedly agree. I love the viral stuff.

Mmm...viral. Not a big fan of the itchy stuff though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tirelli
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The image tooltip is "Battlelore"... but battlelore is not really a sci-fi setting... What is going on?

img src="images/jinteki-logo-green.jpg" alt="BattleLore" hspace="10" vspace="10" border="0" title="BattleLore"

[]s
Edson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
tirelli wrote:
The image tooltip is "Battlelore"... but battlelore is not really a sci-fi setting... What is going on?

img src="images/jinteki-logo-green.jpg" alt="BattleLore" hspace="10" vspace="10" border="0" title="BattleLore"

[]s
Edson

Sounds like copy and paste gone wrong.

And yeah, there was a jintekicorp.com (and don't bother the poor jinteki.com guy, no connection there) and it seemed to be the start of an ARG. Dunno why it's down now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Christodoulou
Greece
Agia Paraskevi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one odd thing in FFG's press release; there's no company info (I assume as the law requires) at the end of the press release. Therefore, I am suspicious that this is indeed a game ad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the google cached version of jintekicorp.com, you get the following :

There has been a security breach.
Our systems will be available again once they have been secured and the damage repaired.
All concerns can be addressed to our webmaster at kutada@jintekicorp.com

Did anyone try e-mailing kutada@jintekicorp.com ?

EDIT : I decided to play myself, and wrote an e-mail to this address.
I'll update if I get any answer (although I don't think I should expect one before Monday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hargraves
Australia
Morayfield
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblewrap wrote:
There's one odd thing in FFG's press release; there's no company info (I assume as the law requires) at the end of the press release. Therefore, I am suspicious that this is indeed a game ad.

This was my first thought too. It's also a very prominent (almost excessive) logo on the page. Sounds like a marketing campaign to me. And I don't mind it one bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hargraves
Australia
Morayfield
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tirelli wrote:

[]s
Edson

There have been rumours of the Science Fiction Command & Colours game being in development... I'm probably just setting myself up for disappointment though. shake Still I'll be interested to see where this goes. At least it's a Christmas release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going out on a limb here right now and state that this is probably related to the Dune license that FFG has. We all know that the new game will not be based within the Dune universe, but this could possibly be it. Like I said, I have no inside information about this, it is simply a hunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, The new Dune-ish game should be set in the Twilight Imperium universe, but I agree that it might be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Fitch
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hmmm... I just noticed this link on FFGs homepage:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/jinteki-securityfeed.html

More jinteki shenanigans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a related rant :

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/rants.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burton
United States
Bear
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dinky_Gnatbane wrote:
Hmmm... I just noticed this link on FFGs homepage:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/jinteki-securityfeed.html

More jinteki shenanigans...

There is definitely a face in the smoke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Humphreys
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:

There seems to be either a 10 or and indication of some sort of binary code in the rant. Could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "camera" page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/jinteki-securityfeed.html) now shows a code.
Move all the letters in the code like this :

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
hijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefg

and you get :
www.fantasyflightgames.com/jintekiprivate/suspect.html

but there's nothing there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:

You missed the hyphen.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/jinteki-private/suspect.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.