Subject: Questions about growing familiy and the forester. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean-guy bolduc
Canada
sherbrooke
quebec
flag msg tools
It's a good game, but last night we were not sure about growing and the Forester:

1) When you growing, could you have a token in bonus in the same turn? I mean, I have 3 tokens and in turn 12, I put a token in Growing family, can I use in turn 12 my fourth token?

2) The Forester seem very unbalanced. Must I sow wood in place of vegetable or grain, and harvest wood at the harvest phase. Or can I sow grains or vegetables too?

3) I know that we can only put one token and by only one player on each section but can we be more than one player tokens on Stage cards?

Thank you for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll answer 1 and 3

when your family grows, your new family member doesn't go to your house until the end of that turn, so you couldn't use him until your next turn. the suggestion is to place him on top of the token that took the family growth action, and they go home together at the end of the turn.

the cards that go on the table and represent actions are treated the exact same as the ones printed on the boards... if there's already anyone's family member on it, another cannot be put there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
OK ... I'll do 2:

Firstly, you must play the Forester as an Occupation card, paying the food if necessary.

Then, later in the game, when you choose a Sow action (whether it is the Sow/Bake Bread or the later Plow & Sow), you can "plant" up to 3 wood on this card.

When you "plant" the wood, you add two wood from the supply onto each planted wood.

Then, during the "Field Phase" of each Harvest, you take 1 wood from each pile on the card.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
platon1971 wrote:

2) The Forester seem very unbalanced. Must I sow wood in place of vegetable or grain, and harvest wood at the harvest phase. Or can I sow grains or vegetables too?

Whenever you use a Sow action, you are not limited to sowing just one thing at a time - so you can sow grain and veg at the same time as planting your forest (as long as you have empty ploughed fields in which to sow them).

Hope that helps.

Edited to add:
I quite like the forester occupation but I wouldn't say he's particularly unbalanced - for the 'cost' of 1/2/3 wood and having to take one occupation, you get 3/6/9 wood back over the following 3 harvests. So you get a net profit of 2/4/6 wood, but you don't really get the full return on your investment until at least 4 turns later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forrester is great for a turn 14 'Renovate/Fences'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx a lot guys fro your precious answers! I'm Platon1971 friend and the proud owner of Agricola meeple Can't wait to play with your useful insights this afternoon because last night was a little confusing.

Thx again and enjoy boardgaming all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.