Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bert Nerdsen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

just that I got the step loss rules straight: You loss the exact number, and if that's not possible then you loose the exact number-1, and if that's not possible then you loos the exact number -2, and so on, and if that's not possible then you loose nothing. Right?

I ask because I had some strange moments in a beginner session, where the attacker could choose to attack a single enemy corps with an army + corps or rather with an army without the corps. As far as we understand the rules, the attacker should rather attack with less manpower because he will loose less (i.e. nothing). Did we get anything wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a single army with a loss factor of 3 (German army), but you are required to lose 2, so you will lose nothing. But if you attack with a German army and corp, you would have to flip the corp for 1 loss and then remove the corp for the 2nd loss.

Basically what you have written in your second example is correct, but keep in mind the addition of the corp may have your attack shift to a higher column (more potential casualties). i.e. Full strength German army attacks at 5, but Army with corp is in the 6-8 column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

You must take as much of the loss as possible, WITHOUT EVER exceeding the loss number.

You are permitted to take less than the loss number if there is no way to accomplish this.

-T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Sweden
Stockholm
Uppland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you take 3 losses to your 3 LS army... is it removed and replaced with a corp or is it just flipped to the reduced strenght side?

Does it go like this?

Army -> Flipped to reduced strenght army -> Replaced with a Corp -> Elimination and removal from the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobbovski wrote:
So if you take 3 losses to your 3 LS army... is it removed and replaced with a corp or is it just flipped to the reduced strength side?

Flipped.

Bobbovski wrote:

Does it go like this?

Army -> Flipped to reduced strength army -> Replaced with a Corps -> Elimination and removal from the board

Almost.

Army -> Flipped to reduced strength army -> Replaced with a Corps -> Flipped to reduced strength Corps -> Elimination and removal from the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Sweden
Stockholm
Uppland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, forgot about that last part^^ Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.