Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have to "prove" that the card you take (using Supplies) is a ware card? What's to stop a player from just taking the first card they like from the draw pile and discarding another card, unless they have to show the other player that it is, in fact, a ware card to "prove" they're allowed to take it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not being a jerk. I trust my opponents and they trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Supplies card tells you to draw cards one-at-a-time and discard them. I always show the cards as I discard, so my opponent sees all the cards as they're discarded. Personally, I think you should have to prove that the card you take is a ware card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
I always insists on showing every card, and being shown every card, including the ware card.

It is not about trust. Its a matter of not having ambiguity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Petrie
United States
New York
flag msg tools
But nowhere does it say that the ware card you've kept must be disclosed. I think you'll just have to trust your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems clear to me that the statement that you only keep the card if it's a ware card implies that each card is drawn publicly, so that both players can see if it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunate the card uses the word "draw" which is typically understood as private to the person "drawing". Saying "flip and discard until...." would've been better, if more verbose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to ask this very question, so I'm sorry to see no more definite resolution in this old thread. My feeling is that the ware card should be shown. Likewise, you would show each card as you go (so the other player sees all the cards that get discarded), then show the one you take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~~~Crazy Adam~~~ ~~~Mad Ayzarc~~~
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also came to the Forum looking for an answer to this question.

It's my belief - strictly using the wording of the rules - that your opponent would not see the Ware card that you pulled. The Supplies card states that you discard cards until you draw a Ware card. The only cards that can be seen by both players are the ones that are discarded. The Ware card is not discarded and thus not seen by your opponent. Yes, they will have to trust you when you say it is a Ware card.

If your opponent was to know the Ware card you pulled, they may possibly use that knowledge to their advantage (e.g., Hyena, Rain Maker, Ape) and I do not see why the Supplies card should be giving any advantage to your opponent, even if that only advantage is the knowledge of your Ware card.

To sum up, we decided that the Supplies card does not require the active player to show the Ware card pulled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just naturally reveal all cards drawn by the supplies utility. I didn't even think to keep the ware card hidden. We will continue to reveal the ware card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.