Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeppe Øster-Rothenborg
Denmark
Roskilde
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi

I have heard that the stick rules should make the game even better. Unfortunately the rules about the stick are not in my (English) edition. Can anybody help me with a copy of the rules or just make a short explanation? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
Jeppe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules work fine with variants. It is not in the official rule book. Stick to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply give the start player a gavel of some kind (in the original game, it's a 3 inch piece of dowel). When he decides he doesn't want any more discussion, he thumps the stick on the table to call for the vote. We play that people MUST shut up & vote at this point - no more negotiating!

It's not a complicated rule, but it does wonders for speeding up the game.

BTW, this rule was in the original German rules but was not included in the Z-Man edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
Simply give the start player a gavel of some kind (in the original game, it's a 3 inch piece of dowel). When he decides he doesn't want any more discussion, he thumps the stick on the table to call for the vote. We play that people MUST shut up & vote at this point - no more negotiating!

BTW, this rule was in the original German rules but was not included in the Z-Man edition.

Totally OT, but like the avatar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomski wrote:
gamemark wrote:

Like your avatar as well... and unless I'm phoning it in from another reality, that's what the original poster asked - what are the "stick rules" (which were left out of the English version of the game)? The "gavel" in the original German game is the stick/dowel I described.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
....most sensational, inspirational, this is what they call the......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
tomski wrote:
gamemark wrote:

Like your avatar as well... and unless I'm phoning it in from another reality, that's what the original poster asked - what are the "stick rules" (which were left out of the English version of the game)? The "gavel" in the original German game is the stick/dowel I described.

I think Tomski meant HE was totally OT. As in "I know what I'm going to say is totally OT, but I just had to pop in to say I like your avatar".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr.Baggins wrote:
I think Tomski meant HE was totally OT. As in "I know what I'm going to say is totally OT, but I just had to pop in to say I like your avatar".

To all who are paying attention to this, I am officially a dork.

Kermit: You have to treat the chickens pretty well, because they've got a very tough union.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No thats harsh.... you are a muppet:

The similarity with BGG becomes clearer every day.

Its time to put on make-up, its time to dress up right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

If I get to be a Muppet, I want to be Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.

"Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, here at Muppet labs where the future is being made today!"

"Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

"Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, here at Muppet labs where the future is being made today!"

"Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?"

Now you're really getting OT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Key
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

In fact, in current UK colloquial parlence, you are clearly a Muppet muppet, rather than just a posting muppet that seem to make up the majority of threads... present companty excepted of course... (except that I've now managed to turn this into a rather muppet thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.