Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Slovak flag...proud 7/8 Slovak, 1/8 Polish
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself wishing there were sites just as comprehensive as the 'Geek for other hobbies... especially handweaving. I'm a weaving newbie, and while there are internet resources, there's certainly nothing very substantial.

But the thing it, I don't want just another forum (I have found a forum, but it's not easily searchable or browseable). I want to be able to thumb (I find myself reading blogs, articles, etc. outside BGG and wanting to thumb them). I want geekgold. I want downloadable files. I want loom reviews. I want to satiate my desire to know more, just as BoardGameGeek has done for my love of board games!

So, how about an "expansion," Aldie?

P.S. There's not a microbadge for weavers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
historysteph wrote:

There wasn't one for sewing enthusiasts either, until I went here and ask for one to be made so I could purchase it. Go tell 'em to make it SEW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also check out ravelry.com and beg those guys to expand the site to include weaving...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
historysteph wrote:

There wasn't one for sewing enthusiasts either, until I went here and ask for one to be made so I could purchase it. Go tell 'em to make it SEW!

Done. (I saw the sewing one, btw, when I was looking for a weaving one!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovakia Steph
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dietevil wrote:
You could also check out ravelry.com and beg those guys to expand the site to include weaving...

Thanks... I hadn't seen this site before (I also crochet and knit, although am a basic knitter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
historysteph wrote:
dietevil wrote:

Thanks... I hadn't seen this site before (I also crochet and knit, although am a basic knitter).

I really like it, especially the pattern browsing, yarn reviews, being able to look at everyone else's results for a pattern ( if they all look good, it's probably a decent pattern!). I don't use the forums all that much but they do have an "agree, disagree" type option similar to our thumbs.

I found the author of a pattern from a book I was about to order and PM'd her to ask if she could tell me upfront what the yarn / needles were for that pattern so I could order them at the same time as the book, and she wrote me back right away. Many if not most of the people making commercial patterns are on the site which is pretty cool.

It used to take awhile to get an account (since the site is still technically in beta), but I think they give them out pretty quickly now. My username is "anyeone" if you want to look me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.