Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking at the rules and the Troll lair quest, i don't really see how random encounters work, it just says roll to see what comes through a door, another part of the rules say random encounter only happen in a clear room.

am i meant to assume that every clear room and hallway, i get monsters to fight, is this also on a hallway i walk through or the first time, that is normally empty?

Thank you in advance for replies.
Abodi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounters occur whenever you enter a room. Most rooms have a size e.g. 6x6, 4x6 etc. Corners, T-intersections, X intersections and Hallways are not rooms.
When constructing a room you roll on the Encounter chart to determine what is in a room. (usually Monsters, Chests or Both)

Random Events occur when all the results of a roll come up as 1s or 2s.
So if you are trying to disarm a door trap with 3 dice and you roll two 1s and a 2, then a random event occurrs.

Some Quests only have one random event, while others will have a Chart of various events that you roll on.

Hope this helps!

~Shaun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to be clear.

any time you make a roll and they are all 1s and 2s, a random encounter occurs?

and anytime you enter a room that has been cleared previously, what happens, automatically have a random even occur or you make some sort of roll?

Other then this ambiguity (quite likely with my understanding and not the rules) it has been pretty smooth sailing and quite a bit of fun.
Thank you Shaun for a great game and your fast replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the Random Events correct.

The other misunderstanding comes from having a Random Event called "Wandering Monster" in the Quest rules and a game rule called "Wandering Monster" in the main rules (Something I will need to change in the next edition, I think!)

The Wandering Monster rule refers to already cleared rooms.
When you re-enter a room that has already been visited and cleared then there is a chance of encountering a monster. (Roll a D6 and on a result of 1 a monster appears.) More detail is available under Wandering Monsters on page 22 of the Rulebook.

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

~Shaun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes Shaun that does clear everything up, i kinda thought that there seemed to be no correlation between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.