Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game is good (read:fun), and comes at a bargain price, I don't see the big deal about supplying bits.

They're CheapAss for a reason...buy a bunch of bits that'll work for many of the games, and a tin/box/container of some type to carry them in. Pawns, timers, tiddly-winks, chips, stones, etc., can be found cheaply, either at a convention, or online.

If you are able to attend Gen Con or Origins or Essen, check out Koplow Games' booth for bits. I used to work Jim's booth for him at Gen Con and Origins, and he has a bunch of stuff...and some great dice!

If you can't make those cons, try www.getdice.com. Bob Kindel runs it, and he carries a lot of Koplow's stuff. If he doesn't have it, I'd venture to say that he can get it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Brent. If the game is a Cheapass-style product at a low price I don't expect too much. If I pay a "standard game" market price I expect some bits. If I pay an upper end price, I expect better art and bits.

I often pick up bits when I find game shops that stock them, via the internet suppliers (when looking for something particular) or thrift store safaris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ok with supplying my own bits, but then I like pnp games. Remembering to bring bits with you to game night is another story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.