Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: fallout [+] [View All]
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that there are several other PC and console gamers here and have even seen some posts from boardgamers who work in videogame design as a day job. Has anyone heard anything or have any insight about whether either the PS3 or the 360 version of this game has a noticeable playability/performance edge?

I know that most will tout the PC version as the best. They are probably right, but I don't generally game on the PC besides games like Civilization IV and as a result my video card is no where near good enough to play this. I'd ask on a video game site, but those discussions always seem to blow up into stupid fanboy console wars. None of the published previews even hint at a comparison (probably one of the terms they had to agree to for early access). Has anyone heard or seen anything to differentiate the two versions? (besides the supposedly exclusive DLC)

I generally prefer the 360 controller, but preferred the PS3 version of Bethesda's earlier game, Oblivion. It had much faster load times and a slightly farther draw distance than the 360 version. However, it also had additional development time while this time we're looking at a simultaneous release. Additionally, the faster load times were due to the PS3's mandatory HD install for the game. My guess is the new optional 360 HD install that is coming in November will mitigate this advantage.

Has anyone heard or seen anything?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a version that isn't just yet another damn first-person shooter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

All of them?

The first two were isometric. This one is first OR third person.

There is shooting...there's also 500 other skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Has anyone heard or seen anything?

Oops, forgot the actual question:

Nope. It was developed for Direct X first. So I'm guessing the PS3 is a port that will look and play identically. Perhaps the PC version will look better, but what kind of hardware would you need to get a significant difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scott
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Legomancer wrote:

Just to touch on this:

Although this implementation won't have the look and feel of previous Fallout games (and I played them both thoroughly) this new adaptation will allow for 3rd person gameplay with pausable combat scenes. In this way you don't have to be a pro with first person shooters and you can still pause the game and blow someone's head off with a shotgun.

I'd love to have a computer fast enough to play it but I'll be very pleased with the PS3 version I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.