• [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am looking for Custom Clix (willing to pay around $12 per click)

I attempted to commission someone on a pair of clix but they never sorted it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salokin Bayrat
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.faces77.com/Custom%20heroclixnew.htm

I have no experience dealing with him/her but this guy offers to do commisions and sells on ebay too. I would research his feedback there before I sent money anywhere. His work look real good though.

There are others I've seen on ebay, who take commissions. Again, I have dealt with none of them so I cannot say how a transaction will go. Make sure you are buying someone's work though, some modders (including myself) sometimes put figs from other games and toys (already finished/painted) on a clix dial and that isn't worth paying as much for.

Also, about the dials, unaltered dials are tournament legal (last I checked) no matter what figure sits atop them. Some of these modders make their own dials, and therefore set their own point values, and it could be hard to find even casual players willing to accept them in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at $20 plus a bit pricey but have emailed him

thanks for the tip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking for custom dials or custom figures?

If custom dials, there are some tools out on the web that you can just plug in the #s and it will spit out a printable dial for you.

If that's what you're looking for, let me know and i'll dig it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a step, but really want sculots of missing Canadian heroes more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sculots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad fingers this morning

Sculps ---- sculptures/minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh... yeah, it will be hard to find cheap. I used to do paint commissions, and it's difficult to reconcile the price that people are willing to pay vs the work being put in.

I mean let's say I'm willing to do it for $5/hr. It usually takes about an hour of planning and discussion with the customer. Then another hour cleaning up (or stripping paint if prepainted) things like flash, mold lines, etc. Depending on the complexity, the painting could take another 1 to 5 to 10 or more hours (usually 1-2 some heroclix).

That's already at least $20 and it doesn't include doing any sculpting.

Now if it's just taking parts from other toys then that's quite easy but as Nick mentioned it wouldn't be tourney legal -- though i know a lot of players just play casually sot hat's not a concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well I don't see an hour discussing a heroclix, the paint scheme is pretty much pre set from the character being done.

I have no idea how long to strip, although most shows I've seen it didn't take the gal an hour

as for paint time, that would be a factor of the complexity. I know just a straight paint of a D&D mini can go pretty quick, but not attempting logos etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur chang
United States
TUSTIN
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, there's no discussion of paint jobs, but if you're asking for a new sculpt or mod to the figure that's some talking but more importantly the modder needs to plan out how it will work. If you're just asking for repaints of a existing figure then by all means this is not necessary.

For stripping, you're right, you can just dunk the figure in a solution to strip it. Of course that will take off all the paint from the dial top also. But again you have to look at the whole process. Some figures are easy to remove from the bases while others are not. And then there's scrubbing the figure to get the paint out of the crevasses (usually with plastics you can't use that really strong paint strippers like for metal minis so it requires a bit of manual labor).

Anyhow, it's true you can due a rush job on the stripping but I like my painting surfaces to be smoothed out. Same for flash/mold lines -- most clixes are not that finely produced so if you're fine with not having that removed then of course that saves more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Hart
England
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd expect to pay $15-$20 for a custom clix and would gladly commission someone if they will ACTUALLY do the work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salokin Bayrat
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try yourself, here are some good tips.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=7335

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.