A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
What tricks do folks use to mark their active units?

In general, its easy enough just to remember, especially when just one unit is involved, but there are interesting situations (e.g. when a group gets split and needs to be used in separate actions, or when new units are added to a group of active units) where it can get complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say I've had a situation where it was that complex that I couldn't remember. So I've never used any way of marking them. I suppose little stones or something could work if you really needed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

xx
msg tools
I urinate on the corners.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraguay wrote:

Steve

So THAT'S why people clip them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pultorak
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just use the extra APs counter...so there is one on the game board and one on the chart ...

and none left if there is a second player on the same side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
What tricks do folks use to mark their active units?

In general, its easy enough just to remember, especially when just one unit is involved, but there are interesting situations (e.g. when a group gets split and needs to be used in separate actions, or when new units are added to a group of active units) where it can get complex.

Only played three times, and haven't bothered with that yet. I guess a wooden cube would do the trick. I keep meaning to toss some cubes in the box to make a solitaire "hidden forces" pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For solitaire play I have some plastic chips to mark the active unit or group. Never needed that in FTF games. In solitaire I also use a control marker to note the active side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a pair of red dice for the Ruskies and the provided pair of black dice for the Krauts. When solitairing and leaving the game for a spell, I put the appropriate pair of dice on the map to mark the active side. If in the middle of an activation, I put one of the dice on the active unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about http://www.memorygood.com/ cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LEUNG CHI KEUNG
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I borrow the markers from GMT's Kutuzov.http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/20077 or other markers that marked with numbers to indicate how many hex an activate unit/group has been moved from its starting hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
An azure glass bead (they were a common tool when playing Magic, so I've still a few around).
It is small enough to cover just the picture of the counter and yet it cannot be missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a few small squares of transparent plastic, slightly tinted. Can't remember where I got them from. Probably from some Hippy-Dippy Festival of Mind Body Spirit and Small Plastic Squares...

It's handy to mark your currently activated units if you suddenly have to stop playing and don't come back to the game for an hour or so-

Like if your neighbour's cat is on fire, it's only neighbourly to run out with a bucket of water and douse it straight away, rather than finish your activation first!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
Paraguay wrote:

Steve

really? I do something else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.