1 Posts

Heroscape Expansion Set: Utgar's Rage » Forums » General

Subject: Faction Update rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
Information on this expansion can be easily found on the internet. It looks like the expansion adds only to the forces of Utgar (hence the title) and Jandar. Preliminary reports show that Utgar gets 7 new units, for a total of 17, while Jandar receives 3 units, bringing their total to 11. Of course, this is based only on early reports of the units for this expansion, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jandar get another 80-point Kyrie Warrior to throw into the mix.

Of the figures I've seen information for, it looks like 2 of Utgar's theme groups - the Marro and the Grut Orcs - are getting enhancements. The Marro (previously seen in the base set with 1 squad and 1 Warlord) are getting a new 3-figure squad and a new Warlord. The Grut Orcs get a mounted common Hero that enhances adjacent Orc Archers with +1 die to attack and defense. Utgar also gets some wolf warriors (1 squad and 1 Hero) and a giant ogre-like beast.

Jandar is getting some knights (1 squad and 1 Hero) and a new unit type - revolutionary war era militia.

It looks like an interesting expansion, but I wonder why the designers are sidelining the other factions for this set - personally I'd much rather see some of the other units from the base set get brought up to speed, especially the Krav Maga Agents, who could use 1 more 100-point unit to make a 300-point Vydar team a reality. The Mallidon's Prophecy expansion also started some very interesting groups, like the Omnicron and the Venoc, but neither is getting any new recruits here.

Well, since this set powers up Utgar and Jandar, I can only assume that the third expansion will bring the other factions up to snuff.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.