Subject: Any news of C&C availablility? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered the existence of Capes & Cowls relatively recently. It looks a lot like a game that I would really enjoy.

Unfortunately it appears that I have virtually no chance of picking a copy up, more or less anywhere. As I am based in Ireland I am used to having to look hard and shell out plenty of $$$ in order to pick up a rarer game and have it shipped but even that does not seem like a possibility with Capes and Cowls.

Does anyone have any information regarding even the posibility of Capes & Cowls being made available for sale again? I contacted the publisher directly via their site but as yet I have not got any response.

Any info at all would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're referring to House of Nine. That's actually a fan site of the designer, not the publisher's site. (If you do have the publisher's site, we'd all be interested in knowing what it is.)

There was one used copy sold in the marketplace recently, and a couple other people still have it listed for trade. You may be able to pry a copy out of their hands for the right price. As far as finding a new copy for sale somewhere, your guess is as good as mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a copy too but quite hard to find. I've had a keyword search going for the past month or two on eBay and none have popped up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
mbourgeois wrote:

I think I've only ever seen on copy on Ebay. I'd try Amazon.com as it seems at least once a year they get a run of 20 or 30 games to sell.

House of Nine is not the publisher but they do distribute the game as well when theyhave copies inhouse. I'd go there every day or so and just check the store to see what's available.

good luck

That's odd. So every once in a while they do a super short print run and then sell out? Wouldn't think that would be cost effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
ScottE wrote:
That's odd. So every once in a while they do a super short print run and then sell out? Wouldn't think that would be cost effective.

They probably don't have a lot of money to have copies made, so can only do them in small batches when finances allow. This makes me wonder if taking pre-orders would be a better way to go. I've been looking for this game for a while (I have the House of Nine site in my website watcher), and I'd be willing to pre-order a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon seahorn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
As far as games go, Amazon's availability listings have always struck me as pretty erratic. They frequently list items as "out of print" that I know for a fact are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy from Amazon (actually Target). It was $60 and I was very hesitant but I went for it. Glad I did! I think it's a good game and it's nearly impossible to get now. The suggestion to go after the traders seems like the best idea to me. Find out what they want, buy it, and you're good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all of your responses.

Since I posted this up yesterday I got a response from Ho9. They maintain that they have been promised more copies in the future but as to when or how many etc they simply dont know. Nice of them to respond promptly though. I had not realised that they were a fan site, all the more reason to be grateful for their response.

As a couple of you have suggested, I will probably try and chase down a copy from the traders, assuming that they want cold hard cash for it (I dont tend to have a lot of trade bait games).

Again, thanks for your advice guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very happy with my game. Very few have been disappointed with it (you can't please everybody).

I am puzzled as to why they do not take advantage of the interest and do a bigger run. They always sell out very quickly - a bigger run would certainly reduce their costs per game while increasing their profit. I don't think they would be difficult to move at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Winterrowd
United States
Bluffton
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a new copy, opened but unplayed. I am planning on posting it to the Math Trade, but my wants are fairly specific, so I may end up keeping it.

If it does not go, I will mark it as "willing to trade" and drop a line on this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been eye balling this game for a few months. I know the chances are slim, but are there any rumors out there about re-printings of this game?

I've been scouting House of Nine, Amazon and Ebay... all are dead ends thus far.

I absolutely loved the Freedom Force PC game and this reminds me of it so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mandingoman wrote:
I've been eye balling this game for a few months. I know the chances are slim, but are there any rumors out there about re-printings of this game?

I've been scouting House of Nine, Amazon and Ebay... all are dead ends thus far.

I absolutely loved the Freedom Force PC game and this reminds me of it so much.

Not really. I know it got on the radar of at least one publisher, but no rumors of anyone actually talking to Robin Spriggs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.