Subject: WoW:TAG or Runebound ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I don`t which game to buy Maybe you can give me some comparisons ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You could download both sets of rules and read them, perhaps that would help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, I have already downloaded rules, but it is not clear for me which one is better/interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
o, thank`s for good explain hope, it helps me now i think runebound is better for start On the other hand i still think for choice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camp Mora
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus, i agree with you in every aspect you treated, but i think there is one missing. That is the roleplaying aspect, i.e., how to develop your character. In that aspect i think WoW is a bit better, but that is just my opinion. Anyway, it is important in this kind of game.

I likely recommend you to try both. I don't think anyone can tell you one is better, cause they are both fun.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time

Runebound - 4 player game with 2 new players took 8 hours

Wow:TaG - 4 player game with 3 new players took 2 hours

Combat

Runebound - The combat in general is more in depth and involved

Wow:TaG - Combat is shorter and all monsters have 1 hp.

PvP

Runebound - PvP is not a main point in the game. It is a risky proposition

WoW:TaG - PvP is important to the game. Some quests require you to kill another player, dmg all the players, or be killed by another. Death can occur more often but the penalties are not game ending.

I like WoW:TaG better. Though since I bought Tombwe haven't broken out WoW. I think the character expansions will add a little more variety to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Holmes
Australia
Bass Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a game that can be played by the brain-dead I suggest you go for World of Borecraft: the Adventure Game snore!!! Just the ticket if you want one character to run rampant across the board while the other three struggle with life shake!!! While Runebound doesn't offer huge scope for strategy at least some does exist. Comnbine that with balanced characters and a HUGE number of mini to medium, low-cost expansions and I believe it is so much more worthwhile. I would also encourage you to get the Sands of Al-Kalim expansion. Some serious fun can be had here !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Lis
Lithuania
Vilnius - city
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought runebound. We played it 3 times, it my first RPG boardgame and i like it, very fun and entertaining, now painting miniatures My friend is going to buy WoW:TAG, so, I`ll compare them Thank`s for advices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

I own, play and enjoy Runeboud (mostly solo). I was thinking about getting WoW:TAG and your incredibly clear breakdown has been of great help.

Thanks a lot, Siddy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW:tag and Runebound are both good games. Runebound has the depth of strategy and character choice/advancement to keep you coming back for more, whenever you have 5-8 hours to kill.
WOW:tag is basically Runebound for people who either A)don't have 8 hours to spend on a game or B) suffer from gamer-ADD. The latter isn't a slam on a person, but there ARE those that play games that cannot focus past 2 hours on a single game. THOSE are the ones that WOW:taq is for.

I appreciate what the leadership at WOW is attempting, creating a WOW product for as many groups as possible. You have WOW:tbg for those diehard players that just want to play all day, WOW:tag for those that want to play a couple of hours, WOW:tcg for those that want to play one on one in a strategic game, WOW:cmg for those that want a 30 minute skirmish, WOW:tbc for those that are just hungry to eat a Murlock (OOPS! that musta just been last nights nightmare! I guess there ISN'T a The Breakfast Cereal yet!) You gotta love a company that steamrolls the public with their license to try and find anyone to buy it! It beats those companies that create a license and put out one game, only to let it languish alone on the shelves and wonder why they didn't get any interest in the game after the 5th year of print. Or those companies that only know how to put out expansions for their "one-hit-wonder" and can't figure out why their fan-base hasn't expanded.

I personally can't wait till 2011 when WOW:The MOVIE opens the way for WOW:the Series to show up on SciFi!

laughlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.