Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does a counterattack card work, when played after the opponent played a "double" Field command card (e.g. two Activate 3 units in Center section - which activates 6 units)?
Does it allow to play as if the two cards were played?
If that is the case, does the counterattack card count as two Field cards played too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brian
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The designer has ruled that in Epic Ancients the Counter Attack card is used to counter only one Command card.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's your choice which card it counters, but it only counters one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which still can raise confusion if the card you are CAing was one that can cross section lines-- like a "line command" card could affect just one section or 2 or even 3 (and if so, it could be the only card played that turn).

I would say if you CA a Line Command card (or one like it), it is like you are playing that card yourself but leaving you any and all options-- so even if he played LC for just one section, you could CA it and activate troops in more than one, and vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kduke wrote:
I would say if you CA a Line Command card (or one like it), it is like you are playing that card yourself but leaving you any and all options-- so even if he played LC for just one section, you could CA it and activate troops in more than one, and vice versa.

The card must still be played in the section it was originally played in. If a Line Command was played in the Left Flank, then the CA player would have to play it in his Right Flank. He couldn't play it in the Center just because his opponent happened to be able to activate units in the center.

But yes, you would have freedom to play it to your circumstances. Playing a CA is equivalent to playing that exact same card. Your only restriction is to keep it int he opposite section. After that, the restriction are only your own battle field set-up, unit count, and terrain interference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
Try my latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The card must still be played in the section it was originally played in. If a Line Command was played in the Left Flank, then the CA player would have to play it in his Right Flank. He couldn't play it in the Center just because his opponent happened to be able to activate units in the center.

Brian, are you sure of that?

Reading the Epic rules they just say that this is an Army card that can be used to counter any (Field or Army) card. And in the base game, the only cards that have to be "mirrored" are section cards, Line Command or Double Time can be countered wherever you choose on the field. Why should it be different in Epic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
franchi wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Brian, are you sure of that?

Reading the Epic rules they just say that this is an Army card that can be used to counter any (Field or Army) card. And in the base game, the only cards that have to be "mirrored" are section cards, Line Command or Double Time can be countered wherever you choose on the field. Why should it be different in Epic?

You are correct. I am getting my cards mixed up and was thinking about the section specific Inspired Leadership card instead of the Line Command card. Of course, any tactics card can be coutnered anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for your replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.