Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Won't he just pay $750 more each year (about 1% of his total tax bill)? In fact, wouldn't that easily be offset by the tax credit on healthcare for his employees? Does anyone do math anymore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes it ain't about how much money is in your pocket, but whose hand is in there with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Roberts
United States
Peculiar
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes people will cut off their own nose to spite their face. With more money in the hands of the middle class demand WILL increase. Joe will see his profits go up far more than the small amount his taxes go up. Will he see that, or will he see the small % and be mad?

It requires a cause and effect relationship that is difficult for those who embrace trickle down economics to grasp. It requires a shift in thinking.

Now some will say we should pay no taxes at all. I am fine with that. I just say cut spending before you cut taxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet, Henry Ford figured that one out ages ago. Getting money into his employees and customer's pockets is a great thing for anyone in manufacturing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Well, guess what:

MSNBC wrote:
Analysts calculated that the extra tax would amount to $900, which would likely be more than offset by separate provisions of Obama’s plan: a 50 percent tax credit for health care and elimination of the capital gains tax for small businesses.

And this, as an ironic footnote:

MSNBC wrote:
Legally speaking, Wurzelbacher isn’t a plumber, because he isn’t licensed by Toledo, Lucas County or the state of Ohio. ... He might have difficulty making the purchase ... Even if he did buy Newell Plumbing and Heating, Obama’s tax plan wouldn’t affect him ... records show the company’s estimated total annual revenue as only $100,000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
And yet an Obama administration would have increased taxes on Henry Ford to the point that he'd probably have to lay off workers and cut their pay.

Yay, Obama?!
Can you link to the part where he said this? I can't remember when the candidates were discussing how they would have taxed the Ford Motor Company a hundred years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who cares about Henry Ford? I'm more concerned about Alexander the Great.

Would Obama's tax policies have prevented the wealthy King from conquering most of the world known to his people?

I suggest that Obama is not the candidate for the ancient Macedonians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.