Harald Mücke
Germany
Mönchengladbach
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A new game authors competition is coming up !:meeple:

The task is to develop a game using all or most of the game pieces included in the KOSMOS game "Giants (Giganten)". Additional material (game board, cards, game bits etc - no limits) can surely be worked in. There are prices (non-cash, shopping vouchers) for the best proposals, jury is our gamer's club in Mönchengladbach/Germany. The chosen winner will receive a cash price of EUR 500 and receive a contract offer to publish the game. Details are available here: www.spielmaterial.de/wettbewerb/index.html.

The material can be obtained for FREE at the upcoming fairs in Essen (23.-26.10.2008) and Stuttgart (13.-16.11.2008) at our booth. For sending the parts by mail we claim a protective charge of 4 € (Europe) respectively 6 € (World) - we thank you for your understanding.

Also, our "Pawn Familiy" competition is still running. For sending in comic ideas for the Pawn Familiy, one can win prices and material. More under http://www.spielmaterial.de/familie/eindex.html

Have fun !:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
The deadline you have listed on the page is "31. Januar 2008" - I'm guessing that's supposed to be 2009?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there more pictures of the components available besides the two on your website?

It would be nice to see more pictures before committing to anything.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind, I found the BGG game link. At first I couldn't.

Giganten

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting contest. I myself have acquired game material before with the purpose of designing a game around it. Well, it was actually toys, but I did see them as potential game material.

One question: How can I pay? I hope you accept PayPal or credit cards, because other methods would be kind of a nuisance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.