Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to build a spreadsheet with Total Bank Sizes (and denomination breakdowns) for various games in an attempt to build a semi-universal bank of chips.

So, I am asking for your help. I would appreciate it if you would please use your vast knowledge to add items to the following geeklist... Games that Play Better/Faster/Easier with Replacement Poker Chips Rather than the Original Paper Money/Tokens that come with the Games.
For games that specify an unlimited bank, please feel free to list what the publisher actually includes as the bank with the game.

(There is also some tangentially related background discussion at Poker Chips Replacing Paper Money Benefits Some Games More than Others)

Although the question is fairly straightforward (What game has the largest bank) the true goal (universal chip bank) requires a tiny filter on the answers, because of...
Games like Imperial or Union Pacific that start with the lowest denom as 1,000,000 are a bit of a special case. However, they are fairly easily handled as I can (and do) just lop off the zeros and my 1s become 1,000,000.
I *think* that games like this might be problematic if they started with 500,000 and went to 100,000,000. My chip set might not be flexible enough to handle that configuration without the players having to do extensive mental gymnastics.

And games like ??? that start with the lowest denom as 1,000 (or 5,000) are even more of a special case. Depending on the actual total value of the bank, I can either lop off zeros or if the total bank is small enough, I actually will have enough 5,000 and 25,000 chips to accommodate. These are probably the games that I am most interested in as, if possible, I would like to use a no-lop-zero approach and therefore may need to expand my chip set.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would this get any more love if I put up a "public" spreadsheet on Google where everybody could input the data?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Would this get any more love if I put up a "public" spreadsheet on Google where everybody could input the data?

If by love you mean a spreadsheet full of the word 'penis', then yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BrenoK wrote:
(the usual 18xx bank size is 12k. I think the 1862 has a bank of 22k, I think it's second place after 18c2c)

As the 18xx differences list reveals, there is little standardisation in bank sizes. 18C2C's $48K bank is the largest explicitly listed. Unsurprisingly, given Robert Jasiek's penchants, [Crisis' bank is specified as unlimited. Ur: 1830 BC's bank is also specified as unlimited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
obediah wrote:
RoamDog wrote:

If by love you mean a spreadsheet full of the word 'penis', then yeah!

Arrrrgh! Those penis-inputting vandals! arrrh

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added a note to cover unlimited banks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rail Baron has a whole s...pot full of $10,000 and $20,000 notes in it. Didn't bother getting it out and counting, but it sure is a lot bigger than $60,000.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.