United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a complete set of rules from the AH days. If TAHGC published it for the ASL Rulebook, I have it.

As part of my re-entry into ASL, I purchased Armies of Oblivion: ASL Module 12. I was finally about to insert the rules pages into my binder when I discovered that there are significant page number discrepancies between what I have (updated through 1998) and what I'm trying to add (with a copyright date of 2006).

My Chapter A pages end at Page A46. The new pages start at Page A51, with the rules covering Smoke (which is located on Page A39 in my rules).

My Chapter D ends at Page D20. The new pages start at Page D21, but with rule 13.35, which is found on Page D17 in my rulebook (with directions to refer to Chapter F).

Now, the Chapter H rules start at Page H143, which would correspond directly with what I already have. Unless I'm missing any additional pages. Am I?

My Chapter S ends at Page S22. The new pages start at Page S27, completing rules on Wounds (which are found on page S20 in my book).

Do I really need to buy a new binder (and re-sleeve EVERYTHING...I keep every page in 1-pocket pages) to maintain continuity? Or is there some re-fit kit I can pick up instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have the original RB, while the rules from AOB are meant to insert into the 2nd edition rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
kjuice wrote:
I think you have the original RB, while the rules from AOB are meant to insert into the 2nd edition rule book.

Ok, next question. Are all of the changed chapters found in the 2nd Ed. Rulebook/binder? Or are additional rules chapters found in various expansions, as originally released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Roach
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the 2nd edition, but, I understand that all corrections, and changes have been incorporated into the 2nd edition. Now I know that the rules inserts from the new modules are broken up different than the old modules, but as a whole they are all still there.

to know for sure, you need someone with 2nd ed. rules and also has purchased all the new modules as well as having all the old modules and rules.(I have old Modules).

I think, that old stuff is AH only, new stuff is MMP.

read over this to get info on differences from editions
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2809/item/42008#item42...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd Ed comes with Chapters A, B, C, D, E, J & K (same as before + E & K). H still comes as nation-specific parts with various modules, F & G (Desert & PTO) still come with their respective modules--though they don't have a 2nd Ed treatment yet, and various HASLs still come with their own chapters. Also, the Chapter N Armory has been dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.