1 Posts

Modern Art» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Elliott
United States
flag msg tools
I was teaching Modern Art to several new players. Krista, Alisa, Eero, Jeremy, and I were playing. First, we had about two minutes of rule discussion. Eero wanted to do a practice round before we started. By the end of that round, everyone was confident in their understanding of the rules.

The game started slowly with several of the players being very tight with their money. I won a double auction of Cristian P. for a song and was starting to feel pretty confident. Jeremy seemed to catch on quickly, so I tried to keep the bidding low when he was the auctioneer. Krista ended the first round by dropping down a double auction, making her Lite Metal's pretty valuable. The next round was more of the same. Interestingly enough, Yoko is still the unloved artist whenever I play. It all started when my brother-in-law, Mark, refused to buy or sell Yoko paintings because she broke up the Beatles. Now, the artist seems cursed. In this game, Yoko only placed in the top three in the third round. The last round of the game was unusually quick. Five consecutive Kryptos were played, ending the round without a second or third place artist.

When we totalled up the cash, Jeremy had won with 341, and I took second with 319. Krista was third, Alisa fourth, and Eero fifth, all of them being in the upper 200s. We had a lot of fun running the auctions, and everyone wanted to play again sometime soon.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.