Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As there were only 200 copies available at Essen, I might help those out people out who can not join the fair.

What I'm offering is the following : I am able to join the fair before the official opening hours and hopefully, the guys from Splotter will be there too
If you want a copy, I'll only charge you the cost of the game (still unknown) + 24 euros (http://www.post.be/taxipost/nl/consumer/kilopostinternationa... > 24 euros if you live in the States / less I think for European customers / more if you want a tracked delivery) + the costs of Paypal (3 or 4 euro's I think).

Offer is valid for the first 5 people (send me a PM! first come, first served), maybe more if my cashflow permits it You don't have to pay anything beforehand if you have already received some positive trade/market ratings, people with 0 feedback ratings will be required to pay in advance (remainder of the money will be refunded of course).

Any questions : do let me know,
cheers,
/dimi

* update * : see my post on page 2 for more info > to allow people who were keeping an eye on this thread to be notified by the system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Today I am identifying as a Mushroom.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Who wants a Duck Dealer from Essen?
No comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Deckard
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please do make a comment, because I'm interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really nice of you. Just wish there was more info on the game. Don't really want to buy blind but do find the game interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, my mailbox was overwhelmed by the response! As it will take too much time to respond to each fellow "geek" in person (we're all geeks here :-) ), these will be the happy few that will (hopefully) receive a Duck Dealer :

#0 : e.e.goings : The guy that started this actually... I offered to send him a Duck Dealer and well, I thought, I could do the same thing for others :-) Thanks again for the generous Geekgold gift! You will CERTAINLY be the first one to receive one
#0.5 : ropearoni4 : Well, I'm cheating here but I helped him last year and I am certain the money will be sent...

I'll also be able to help out the 7 people :
djflippy (fellow collector? )
AnakinOU
RWarren
custom golf clubs
larryjrice
yazpah
clearclaw

The following people are on the backup list...
jtakagi
clweeks
kneumann

Why 7 people? The game will cost about 60 euros it seems Buying 10 copies (one for myself ) will certainly be 'felt'... And it's the best I can do... Again, as I'm not in it for the profit, I will ask Jeroen Doumen from Splotter to confirm the price in this thread (not sure if he's reading this or if he can disclose the price beforehand?)

Should you decide to be out of this offer, do let me know asap!!! My apologies for not replying to all of you separately :-( (I still have quite a lot to do today : finishing the translation for Giants, learn the rules for 20 games, have an otherwise busy Sunday, etc... )

@ ScottE : thanks for the thumb! :-) Well, there's indeed not much info out there but if this game is anything near their other games, it will be worth it... And come on, Duck and a space game? What's there NOT to like?

/dimi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djflippy wrote:
Please do make a comment, because I'm interested.

Oh, believe me, i had to edit 3 times because my replies would have got me banned from the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euhm? Anything wrong with my posting then?
/dimi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically thats 7 less copies of a game that will only have 200 copies on sale.

7 less copies for people willing to get off their arse and travel 600-1000miles to Essen and NOT abusing their 'getting in early' card.

F*** it, by the time the liggers, toadys and hangers on have finished, will there be ANYTHING left?

Signed

Disgusted of England
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, believe it or not : I appreciate your honest opinion and I'm not one of those stuck up people who get easily offended by anything... Seems like there are quite a few of them on this site if you think you will be banned for venting your opinions...
That being said : you've certainly got a point but let's see :
1. there will be 7 copies less of a game, that's true but do you honestly believe that I am the only one that will buy several copies? Have you ever thought of those hamstering several copies, slamming them on BGG a week later and asking for a higher price? My intentions are at least genuine, just trying to help out fellow geeks which DON'T have the possibility to travel to Essen like me and you? And let's be honest : suppose there was a title that was splendid but was ONLY available at GenCon : wouldn't you mind some local guy helping YOU out?
2. concerning the ABUSING part : again, I had the pleasure of having the same card last year and I've seen that many are rushing the fair before 10 o'clock. Buying like crazy and not really thinking of the poor souls waiting at the entrance of hall 5. Life is hard sometimes but that's how it goes at Essen

And last point : Essen is a fair that revolves around selling, I'm pretty sure that the gaming companies don't really mind if someone buys more copies :-)

all the best,
/dimi

PS : Oh yeah, my 2p (if you don't mind me saying) : why is it that there are always people who take this so seriously? IT'S BOARDGAMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Silly boardgames made from paper / cardboard and wood. And plastic... And sometimes glass beads... And the occasional clay... Euh... That's besides the point : BOARDGAMES!!! BOARDGAMES I say! These are the 200 first indeed but there will be more later on... And if you are not able to snatch a copy, will the world end turning? Will your life be any less interesting? A witty yet dark remark from a friend of mine : in Afghanistan they don't have boardgames...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
And if you are not able to snatch a copy, will the world end turning? Will your life be any less interesting?

And the same is not true for you and the people you're helping out?

Note that I don't have a problem with you doing this, I just wanted to point out the... inconsistency here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunther, not sure where I stated that I HAD to have this game but believe me : I'll be the first to keep on moving with a smile if they wouldn't have any more copies. It will be fun to have and to play the game but that's it. I measure the grade of the interest of my life differently : am I healthy and can I pursue my dreams, hopes and aspirations? Not by owning one more game After all : the games I am looking forward are Le Havre and After the Flood + Steel Driver... And Strozzi if it's there... All the rest is just 'nice to have and try out during those 4 days' ...
Now, if they would have replaced those ducks by Ms Piggy, my interest in this game would've skyrocketed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurney Halleck
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Terry. I'll arrive to Essen on 23rd. And I'd like to buy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 7 copies! Geez, Essen is a big store and the whole point is selling. He's doing nothing wrong.

Go outside. This is one of the stupidest complains I've seen on BGG in a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, Mikko, we all have our opinions and we could argue back and forth about this but isn't this besides the point? Shouldn't we be doing something fun instead? What in heaven's name has this involved into?
A group of guys that are accusing each other that they don't need their game but that they still do because there's a risk there won't be any more left?

*deep sigh*

Has anyone thought about the fact that they won't be that easily sold out? It's still a hefty price to pay for one game and I think that only the Splotter fans will dig up their cash...

*deeper sigh*

I'm off... Doing more fun things
/dimi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh. I missed out seeing this before it was too late. Yet another Essen exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd just like to point out that if you had offered to collect these games and take a chance like everybody else who want it on the Thursday I would be the first in the queue to say, 'well done for helping out these people' and would shake your hand and help you to your car with them.

Perhaps I can sum up how I feel with an english saying: "It's just not Cricket"

Anyway, apart from that I hope everybody has a top time at Essen, it's going to be a fun few days laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
Now, if they would have replaced those ducks by Ms Piggy, my interest in this game would've skyrocketed

PIGGGGGGS IN SPAAAAACCCE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Hey, Dimi. You know what your mistake was?
You should just have bought 10 copies at Essen without telling anyone here. Then you could have sold them afterwards at inflated prices!
This way you would not only have earned some money for your efforts, you would also not have to defend yourself for being nice to your fellow gamers.
Let this be a lesson to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sigh. I missed out seeing this before it was too late. Yet another Essen exclusive.

As not to stir up any more emotions : my apologies, should I contact you if one of the 5 should change his mind? Hope not but still

Quote:
Anyway, apart from that I hope everybody has a top time at Essen, it's going to be a fun few days

Now we're talking! At least one thing we agree :-) And also thanks for that Youtube movie Brought back memories from when I was a tad younger...

Quote:
Let this be a lesson to you!

I'll be whipping myself this evening, what was I thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think it would be a good policy for Splotter to limit sales to one per customer. But, if they don't, I might well buy one on the resale market from someone who buys several at Essen and marks them up. (Or I might just wait for the main press run.) It's not the resellers' fault if Splotter sells them this way; it's the publisher's decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikko_r wrote:

I don't know what seven copies times the number of people buying multiple copies on Wednesday amounts to. I know that number is away from copies sold to general public when the fair opens.

You know what? Last year, some games were already sold out Wednesday morning, because of the Tuesday Crowd.
And yes, Wednesday has higher sale numbers than Sunday.
We've had this now 3 years in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the long term, that is a negative for both the con and the games involved.

How would duck dealer and his lucky few feel if the first person in line buys all 200 copies and carts them off for ebay sales?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news then, meaning : I'm not the only one buying out those games Seriously though : I did expect something like that (as I said before : it's a fair for buying and there are still quite a lot of hoarders on the fair who smell a quick buck unfortunately - at least : that's what I saw last year)

Hanno, difficult question perhaps but what's your stance against people who buy more games? That's : 5 (or more?) ? Are you against it ethically (as a games author) : every gamer should be able to buy a copy? Or for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:

Hanno, difficult question perhaps but what's your stance against people who buy more games? That's : 5 (or more?) ? Are you against it ethically (as a games author) : every gamer should be able to buy a copy? Or for it?

As for games: I don't care.They'll be available after Essen through the standard distribution channels.
I appreciate every sale done at Essen, as these copies are the ones who help the small game companies.
Still we'll bring only a limited number, as we value our distributor, and if they don't sell enough games AFTER the far, they might not continue to support us.

As for goodies: one per customer. Well, one per proof of purchase.
(Note to self: whenever there's an empty card on the print sheet, use it as a trade-in card for limited expansions)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
hopefully, the guys from Splotter will be there too

Unfortunately, it's unlikely you'll catch us there before opening hours. Also, as we have a quite tight planning for erecting the stand, we don't physically have someone to sell games.

As such, we'll keep to our policy of starting to sell games when the show opens - at Thursday, 10am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.