Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matias marce
Spain
bcn
catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Two units engage enemy units from two different and not adjacent hexsides. Must each one keep a different supply line to the battle through its entry hexside? or once both inside the battlehex can they choose to keep only one of the supply lines?

What about if the engaging hexsides were adjacent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Zarate
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
I think that as long as both units had supply as they enter battle, they share the supply lines.

Only "raiders" are an axception to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, as long as both units are supplied when entering the battle, they may share a supply line once there. As mentioned, review the rules for "Raiders" to see the difference if a unit enters battle while unsupplied.

EDIT: Grammar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matias marce
Spain
bcn
catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ok...

may be raiders (initially unsupplied units engaging through enemy hexsides) is the only case in which there would be no connection for supply between different friendly units engaged from diferent hexsides into the same battlehex

is it correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matias marce
Spain
bcn
catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
and so,totally opposite entry hexsides too, yes?

(it's a little bit strange, but...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, even with opposite hexsides are fine if both attacking units are supplied. Only one of those hexsides needs to connect to a Supply Line to keep both units supplied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mattius wrote:
and so,totally opposite entry hexsides too, yes?

Richard Wein's variant has it that the units must enter from adjacent hexsides in order to combine supply. In effect it divides a hex further into triangles. It is interesting and more refined than the orginal rules but I have only tried once or twice. If both players aren't opposed to a little more detail, why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.