Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Lisi
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Being that Case Blue is my first OCS gaming experience, and fully understanding that doing so is a mammoth undertaking, I am attempting to use the first scenario 'Edge of the world' to understand how the game works. However,I am running into some fundamental issues that are (at least at a first look) overlooked in the rules. First off I am having trouble finding clarification for Transport points,I know that such points relate to refitting aircraft. Understandbly no such refit is needed on the first turn, but I cannot find what TP's are or how they work. Secondly, I cannot find the reinforcement charts for either side. Such fundamentals as move mode vs. combat mode(ie which mode to start in, how to feed off of supplies, how supplies are set up or recieved at supply points) and reinforcements seem to be missing. I'm not sure if I am missing pages, am missing a chart or a book, but getting a game started is becoming frustuating, to say the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you've been reading the basic, series rulebook? That's where all the fundamentals about modes and supply are. Case Blue, being so large, has more booklets involved than most OCS games. Perhaps you've only been looking at the game-specific rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
Are you sure you've been reading the basic, series rulebook? That's where all the fundamentals about modes and supply are. Case Blue, being so large, has more booklets involved than most OCS games. Perhaps you've only been looking at the game-specific rules.

To clarify, CB has multiple rulebooks.

There's the series rulebooks, which cover the rules common to all OCS games (Unit modes, combat, supply, aircraft, rail etc)

There's the game rulebook, which covers all the rules specific to case Blue (How to calculate how much supply each side receives, how to earn victory points, special rules for each side etc)

Then there are two Side Specific rulebooks, one for each side, which are mainly the reinforcement schedules for that side, and the supply and replacement tables.

Then there are two scenario booklets, which tell you how to set up the units in each scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lisi
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
First off, I would like to thank the prompt, friendly, and helpful responses. I am a huge WW2 fan, and have spent the last six years learning everything in the time period from the early 30's 'til the late 40's. I have been playing Axis and Allies and Memoir 44 for years, and have wanted to tackle a more in-depth game.
My OCS Rule Book is missing pages 23-26,unfortunatly. However, I have printed those off and double-checked for other errors, and am thankful that all the maps, counter sheets, Rule/scenario Books are all accounted for. That being said, I am beggining to understand the basics more. I am confident that this will be a very smooth system, where mechanical simplcity has been kept in harmony with historical accuracy.

And yes I would be willing to use Vassal...What would that entail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.