Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Jones
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use a brainsss card that gives +1 to my fight dice and I roll a 6, does my roll then become a 7? Or can I not go above the maximum dice roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Allen
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe a zombie wins on a tie, so there would be no need to use the card if you rolled a 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Jones
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are hero cards that let them win on a ties. This was one of those situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, you can increase your roll to a 7. Heroes can do the same with the likes of Farmer Sty. (If I am remembering correctly he can increase a die roll too.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
yup, you can increase your roll to a 7.
Take THAT zombie!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
yup, you can increase your roll to a 7. Heroes can do the same with the likes of Farmer Sty. (If I am remembering correctly he can increase a die roll too.)

Now, can that also be used to create doubles for the Heroes so that they get a kill? I don't think so, because the card changes the number rolled, not the die itself, and doubles is defined as 2 dice rolled as the same number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
cards that add +1 can indeed allow heroes to create doubles for a kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:

Thanks. Just curious, do you have a reasoning for that or did it come from published errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
seiyaaa wrote:

Thanks. Just curious, do you have a reasoning for that or did it come from published errata?

By the same reasoning that increasing the roll of 5 by +1 will trigger cards that activate on the roll of 6, which I'm pretty sure was officially confirmed.

If you modify the result of the die roll, you are modifying it for all purposes. There is no reason to assume that the modification doesn't apply to rolling doubles unless it specifically says it doesn't.

This ruling doesn't automatically give an advantage to Heroes, since there are cases where you actually LOSE doubles by modifying the roll, but the modification is necessary to win the fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not errata. Cards that add +1 modify the dice roll. Remember, the rules state that all cards take effect before resolving the fight, so the roll would be modified before you technically even look at the dice to figure out who's killed, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.