Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the answer is yes, since all Orth Tria are considered to be adjacent.

For example, if my Ranger is next to an Orth Tria, can I shoot an opponents piece sitting on an Orth Tria in a different Battle Plane (since it would take 2 "moves" to reach that space if unoccupied).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akhil Patel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
In short - Yes.

To quote the website: http://www.terakh.com/terakh/ranger.html
Quote:
Strength:

1. Longer range attacks.
2. Twin Arrows improves Ranger's chances during a combat.
3. Allows Ranger to be defended by Inkas while attacking opponent's units via Orth Portal or in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you think the ranger ought to be IN the Orth portal to shoot to another orth portal?

And I'm concerned about shooting from an adjacent hex thru the portal and (when you shoot 3) hitting something that isn't even ON another orth portal.

It wouldn't seem a bad thing if ranged fire did not work from orth to orth, but at least it should be limited in some ways...shouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another pertinent quote on the official boards

Quote:
As for Orth, it is more like a Warp Gate that allows you to go from one board's Orth Tria to another board's Orth Tria as if you were moving adjacent. So a Ranger which has the ability to attack two adjacent Tria away could be sitting next to an Orth Tria and can shoot arrows to the Orth Trias on the other boards. It gets even more interesting for the Ranger if he is sitting on the Orth Tria.

StonePlay Staff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.