Cat & Mouse» Forums » Reviews

Subject: User Review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Cat & Mouse

I purchased this game back in the 80’s after reading a Games Magazine review about it. Cat & Mouse is an abstract strategy game that has a memory element.

The components are 16 black discs. Eight of the discs are cats and eight are mice.

The object of the game is to have five of your animals showing. Players move one disc each turn. They may place one of their discs in the playing field, either on the table or on top of another piece. Players may also move the top disc from any stack already in play, either theirs or their opponent’s. Discs can be stacked only three discs high. Players are not allowed to move a disc that was moved by their opponent in the previous turn.

The winner is the first to have five of their discs showing. There is a scoring variant where players gets 25 points for winning and five points for each disc not in play.

These very simple rules make for a quick, light game. Memory is important since players can move only discs that are on stacks. A good memory will give a player an advantage since the game usually comes down to someone making a mistake when they remove a disc from a stack.

Mostly this game strikes me as an advanced version of tic-tac-toe. It’s a cute little amusement, but nothing much more for adults. It has a lot of appeal as a kids game since it is short and offers opportunity to learn strategy and planning ahead.

Overall I would rate this game a five on a scale of ten.

This game could easily be homemade.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.