Subject: Questions about “Taken Over”. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Street Deacon
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just bought this game, but haven’t played it yet. I’m at work right now and was only able to smuggle the rulebook in , so I apologize if my questions sound dumb, and if my questions would have been answered via the playing cards. Anyway, heres my questions…

1) Let’s say a building is taken over and a hero is already in it. I think the card says I fill all the squares with zombies. Lets say I have 12 already on the board. Do I just put 2 in the building and that’s it, or do I move some of the zombies already on the board in the building.

2) Again. Lets say theres already a hero in a building that’s being taken over. Do the zombies get to attack right away? Seems if the hero was in the middle of the room they would have to fight almost all of them being that if they try to escape, they have to stop at every square that has a zombie in it. If I’m right on this, it would be very unfortunate for any hero to be in a building that gets taken over.

3) If a taken over card gets canceled out, the marker is removed from the building. Do the zombies stay? I’m thinking they do, but I just want to make sure.

4) When a building gets taken over, can the zombies leave the building? If they leave, does the maker stay in the building even though all the zombies left? I’m thinking they can, and the marker stays, but I just want to make sure.

5) I’m assuming the manor house CANNOT be taken over since the manor cannot be chosen when rolling a random building. Does the same go for “lights out” card? I can’t remember if that’s chosen like the “taken over” card.

Thanks for your time, zombie hunters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1. yes, just the 2. If you already had all 14 Zombies in play, you'd place no zombies at all (but still the 'taken over' marker).

2. Unfortunate indeed.

3. Yes, the zombies stay.

4. They can leave. The marker stays.

5. You're correct that the manor House can't be Taken Over. It can be Lights Out'ed, though.

There's an unofficial FAQ here at BGG (last page of Files), full of links to past questions and the designer's answers. I've been pestering him to make an 'official' FAQ, but... ... not yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick addition to number 2. I couldn't tell from your post if you know this or not, but remember that Zombies placed by "Taken Over" can't move until the next turn, thus giving that hero a short reprieve. (or allowing other heroes to rescue him if need be)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wells
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember zombies are placed in empty spaces too, so you can't place one on a hero or a space with a zombie already in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good information, guys. I didn't know that when a building is taken over, the zombies can't move for a turn. Last night was my first time playing, and knowing that rule would've kept one of my heroes from being killed before he got a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.