Koby Shachar
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
It says: Love thy gamer
badge
I have nothing smart to say... yet
mbmbmbmbmb

I plan to teach my group the game, so I've tested it first with my wife in a 2 players game.
It looks like the take over mechanism doesn't work well. We were considering the possibilty to allow putting one of your followers as #2 when you have control on a faction in order to protect it from a take over.

I know the game plays better with 4-5 players but I want to learn about more ideas regarding a 2 players game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not quite sure what you mean but you can bid for the chariot and use it to protect one faction from a take over that round. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bornschein
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We, too, played that variant and it worked well. The faction which is secured by the horse is clearly safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game plays wonderfully with two. Inherently it has none of the problems with the players not identifying who is winning and attacking the wrong player.

It's key to the game that the chariot be the only way to protect a group (and folks should not have options for defending the cards with more of the same card). It keeps the gameplay fast to not allow players to turtle on things they already have with cards. Aggressively go after what you don't have and don't sit on what you do have.

Thematically think of the lazy faction members as being overconfident and never worrying about loosing control. Very Roman in character indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.