Subject: Pilot cabin eliminated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game last night and two of us had our pilot cabin destroyed. Is there anything special that happens or is it treated the same as any other crew cabin on the ship? We thought there would be some adverse effect as the control center of the ship is now gone, but finding nothing in the rules we treated it the same as losing a crew cabin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pilot cabin is the same as any other cabin (except you cannot have an alien crew-member inside). If this split your ship in two you get to choose which piece to pilot, and if this destroyed all your human crew you are forced to quit the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if your ship is split in two do you have to choose the side that has the main pilot cabin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
tibbs2 wrote:
So if your ship is split in two do you have to choose the side that has the main pilot cabin?

No, you get to choose either (any) portion of the ship remaining to continue the round. However, the portion of the ship you wish to continue piloting must contain at least one crew cabin with at least one crew member on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
However, the portion of the ship you wish to continue piloting must contain at least one crew cabin with at least one crew member on it.

That's not true. You can choose to keep the part of your ship that has no humans. The consequence is that, after the adventure card is resolved, you must give up. But that still could be the best choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a result of quitting the round, do you still partake in the end of round scoring? I would say not as you didn't make your destination. Do you pay any penalty for non-delivery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc Sonic wrote:
As a result of quitting the round, do you still partake in the end of round scoring? I would say not as you didn't make your destination. Do you pay any penalty for non-delivery?

It's all in the rulebook (available on this site). If you give up, you aren't eligible for bonuses for completing the journey, and you only get half value for goods you are carrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I just got the game and haven't had a chance to read the rules fully yet, but since it says to just do stuff as you read the rules, up to the point I've read the rules I'm confused about one thing. At the step where you're supposed to put 2 crews on each cabin, does that include the pilot cabin? Or does the pilot cabin only take one crew? I guess the confusion is because when I think of a pilot (which I assume to be me) there would only be one person, but maybe I'm just thinking about it too literally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one pilot, but he has a roommate.
The only restriction on the pilot cabin is that you can't house aliens in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maxx_Pointy wrote:
There's one pilot, but he has a roommate.

Don't ask, don't tell. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.