flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your new group

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, good luck.

Dont forget to add the details to the UK FAQ page of the wiki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I'm interested. Probably more in terms of attending other events rather than holding them myself (Plus I'm in Loughborough so it's not ideal for those in Notts). Also, this next year or two is very busy for me (studying for an MA), but I will syill have some spare time - and maybe more after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pritchard
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see the calendar, what should I search for to add it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that was my mistake - this is all still slighty experimental.

Three signed up so far - we need more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Lloyd
United Kingdom
Holmes Chapel
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been a regular of the Nottingham & Derby Games Club until I moved away in 2001, I wish you all the best in re-establishing a club in the area. Hopefully, one or two of the "old timers" who still live locally might join in and support it.

If you're at all interested, a note of many of the games played by the old group can be found on my games played page (1993-2001).
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/plays/bymonth/user/garrylloyd

All the best.

Garry
http://www.trickylight.co.uk
http://www.spiel.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas is getting in the way so I am planning to generate a "Joining Guide" and posting it in the New Year. Then I'll push for more members and hopefully get people using it.

If you still want to join then PM me and I'll add you - be warned you may have no activity for a while.

In the meantime have a great Christmas everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pritchard
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I have some new games, so I'll post an event in the new year. Hopefully we will get some people signed up and coming along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Signed up for this. Don't really have a place suitable for hosting things like this, but I'll definetely be up for any meetings in the new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many people have shown interest in this Rich?

I ought to stick my neck out and arrange an "everyone welcome" games day at mine. My concern would be having too many people. I've probably got the space for a second table, but no second table to put in it!

If someone else could agree to provide extra furniture in case, then I'd be prepared to try an arrange something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm definitely still interested, in fact I was just coming here to see if anything had been new had been posted :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite an offer. But I wonder about getting a room somewhere - or maybe a hall?
General criteria has to be that it's clean, has access to facilities, on a major bus route, and has parking. Anyone know of anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be nice to find a pub with a function room to rent out somewhere - city centre would be ideal, but I don't know anywhere off the top of my head. Alternatively, I live near the Wollaton Park Community Centre, so I can pop in there and see how available it is assuming it's not too out of the way for people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first games meeting has now been organised. Yay!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3410413

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.