1 Posts

Go Fish» Forums » General

Subject: I Spy Go Fish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denise Lavely
United States
flag msg tools
I play this version with my 4 year old daughter and just want to pass along this caveat. All the pairs have cards that show basically the same same object on different backgrounds. This makes things a little tricky, but two cards in particular are rather misleading -

- there is a pair of seashells and a pair of pinecones. One of the seashell cards shows a pinecone in a bowl with the seashell, leading my daughter to ask for and receive my pinecone card when she should have been asking for the seashell. We did not catch the error until the next seashell card came up.

- there is a card with a doll in the background & a toy cow in the foreground. I spent half the game asking for a cow until my daughter drew the other doll card & asked for a doll & I had a sudden moment of realization

Buyer beware! There are probably a lot better decks to use for Go Fish - we will be using the Usbourne Fairytale Snap deck here from now on, and send I Spy to the next garage sale.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.