Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earthquake Event Card: may you use one of the two roads from a Roadbuilding development card to repair a sideways road? Based on my reading of the rule, I think the answer is ‘no’ as it clearly states that you need one lumber and one brick, but that is also the same combination as a road build.

Earthquake Event Card: can a player have more than one sideways road because it was not repaired before Earthquake was drawn again? I think the answer is no based on the ‘turns 1 (maximum)’ statement, but maybe that is just the limit per earthquake...although I cannot understand why someone would want to turn more than one of their roads.

Earthquake Event Card: although the road is sideways, may a settlement still be built at what used to be its free end?

Good Neighbors Event Card: I assume that everyone passes simultaneously and the received cards are not considered in the swap, yes? So, everyone who has at least one card chooses which one to pass off and then they all get passed simultaneously, rather than having it occur as some sort of chain reaction where the first player passes, then the player to his left passes, etc.

Conflict Event Card: When more than one player is eligible to take a card from another player, is it done in seating order based on the active player, or is it a simultaneous free for all?

Conflict Event Card: When more than one player is eligible to take a card from another player, are cards just stolen by one player eligible to stolen by another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I also would be interested to know the answers to these questions.
Anyone able to answers these queries?

Many Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Karavidovic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I also would like to know answers to those questions...

And if you have a settlement connected to both damaged road and normal road... can you upgrade it to a city?

And if you build a settlement and than the road connected to it is getting damaged... can you build roads from that settlement due to it has already been built and a new road is conected to it and not to a damaged road...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Earthquake Event Card: may you use one of the two roads from a Roadbuilding development card to repair a sideways road? Based on my reading of the rule, I think the answer is ‘no’ as it clearly states that you need one lumber and one brick, but that is also the same combination as a road build.

According to the German language FAQ on catan.de, yes, the roadbuilding card may be used to repair a damaged road.

WBRP wrote:

Earthquake Event Card: can a player have more than one sideways road because it was not repaired before Earthquake was drawn again? I think the answer is no based on the ‘turns 1 (maximum)’ statement, but maybe that is just the limit per earthquake...although I cannot understand why someone would want to turn more than one of their roads.

The chance for this to happen is rather low, after all it requires a reshuffle event. There is no provision for this in the German language FAQ.
But I would say that each earthquake requires the cost for one road for repairs, so I'd let the player turn roads until he runs out of roads to turn.

Earthquake in connection with Seafarers and its ship lines causes another conundrum. The German FAQ states that even with a damaged road, a bridge (from the Rivers scenario) may be built across a river as long as it is adjacent to at least one intact road, a settlement, or a city.

WBRP wrote:
Earthquake Event Card: although the road is sideways, may a settlement still be built at what used to be its free end?

The German language FAQ has this covered:
https://www.catan.de/faq/927-ereignisse-auf-catan-erdbeben-d...
If the intersection is only connected to a damaged road, no settlement may be built. If there is another, undamaged road connected to that intersection, a settlement may be built.

So, basically, don't select terminal roads as the victim of this card.

WBRP wrote:
Good Neighbors Event Card: I assume that everyone passes simultaneously and the received cards are not considered in the swap, yes? So, everyone who has at least one card chooses which one to pass off and then they all get passed simultaneously, rather than having it occur as some sort of chain reaction where the first player passes, then the player to his left passes, etc.

Since the goal of this card appears to be that each player ends up with the same number of cards as before, a player with zero cards should be forced to pass the card he receives on to the next player. If only one player has any resource cards, nothing happens, IMO.

WBRP wrote:
Conflict Event Card: When more than one player is eligible to take a card from another player, is it done in seating order based on the active player, or is it a simultaneous free for all?

Usually this is resolved in seating order beginning with the active player. After all, an eligible victim may run out of cards to steal.

Luxor01 wrote:

And if you have a settlement connected to both damaged road and normal road... can you upgrade it to a city?

There is nothing to indicate that there needs to be any road connection to upgrade a settlement to a city. In Seafarers, you can have a beginning settlement with a ship that may be moved away, so that this settlement doesn't have any road connections, but you still may upgrade it.

Luxor01 wrote:

And if you build a settlement and than the road connected to it is getting damaged... can you build roads from that settlement due to it has already been built and a new road is conected to it and not to a damaged road...

No, you can't, because any investment in roads must first go to the repair of the damaged ones. (Very unlike real life...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.