Subject: Shebby support thread!! Where's the Chit Chat LOVE??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how many of you chit-chatters are aware of what happened to shebby's thread about her job at an FLGS. It started out great and turned HORRIBLE!!! She was insulted, demoralized, demeaned, and offended by other geeks!!!

We need to rally round our shebby and support her.

Please post your love and appreciation for one of our loyal bgg chit-chatters here!!!

If you can stomach it, here is the thread I'm talking about.

No pity--lots of love and support!!

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Shebby support thread!!!!!
I'll get the ball rolling.

The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You are a wonderful person and great contributer here on BGG. Your thread was very well written, interesting, provocative, and with the right amount of humor thrown in. I even added a couple of posts early on.

I am very sorry for the rude jerks who kept beating you until you fell, and then others who started kicking you when you were down.

You were right to stop posting to the thread. And, IMO, you didn't have to apologize for ANYTHING!!

Yeah, Shebby!!

Mrs. Mystery Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey shebby, we're behind you and we're here for you. We love you, in a platonic way that is and quite unlike this:

Remember:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I read that thread back when she first posted...OMG!

6 pages and 114 thumbs!

I support and agree with what she posted!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I already gave my support in the original thread. When are you people going to stop harassing me?

For the record. Shebby is awesome. BTW, her S.O. drives a freaking tank-thingy! Don't piss her off. She will blow your planet up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't a single bad thing to say about her, she's a lovely lady.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
I already gave my support in the original thread. When are you people going to stop harassing me?

For the record. Shebby is awesome. BTW, her S.O. drives a freaking tank-thingy! Don't piss her off. She will blow your planet up!

I will NOT stop harassing you when it's something this important!!!

So, buck up!! kiss

edited to add a kiss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Shebby, as one FLGS employee to another I can relate to a bunch of the things you initially started the thread about (not all of course). If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I had an old lady tell me she knew the person who developed "Go."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I had an old lady tell me she knew the person who developed "Go."

Which was me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

kiss Love ya Shebby -- don't let the schmucks stop you from posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shebby, you did not deserve any of that.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, beer and wings for you guys are on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
BGG is often said to be one of the most civil little corners of the internet, and based on what else I have seen, I think that might not be completely untrue. Nevertheless, here too stupidity runs amok at a regular basis. Strangely, chit chat may be one of the most civil and friendly parts of BGG.
It's probably better to stay silent, to not talk too much about your opinions, especially if your opinions may clash with those of the brainless hordes. And if you can't stay low, you'll need a thick skin. You'll get some 'support' from some of your 'friends' when you're under attack, but don't think too much of it. For most of your 'friends' support means no more than a simple statement in a public forum.
Friends without the quote marks, you can only find in the real world. If you're looking for sympathetic people on the internet, even at BGG, prepare to be disappointed. Although chit chat sometimes comes very close to being an exception to that general rule.

Oh, and Shebby, don't let the idiots get you down. Your posts are appreciated by many users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMGosh!

blush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blush blush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blushblush blush blush blush blush

Thanks you guys!

I loves you, each and every one of you! You truly and rooly rock my world.
kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Shebby, you completely RAWK!!! Don't let 'em get you down! ROCK ON!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't let the bastards get you down. You go get 'em kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, I've locked the other thread, which fizzled out a couple weeks ago, to prevent it from potentially getting resurrected and flaring up again.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretender to the Throne of Alsace-Lorraine
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow, I had no idea that thread had degenerated so far gulp

Just popping in to show some love for a cool cat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Octavian wrote:

My Awesome what?

Good to have you back, Sheb. Don't let the mouth breathers get you down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be working on my first microbadge:

Shebby's Order of White Knights

Just call me 'Sir Del'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, after reading a thread in which "boobs" appeared 80 times, I can only think about onetwo things when you say Shebby needs support.

("Your charms. Your charm! In the middle.")

Yes, of course I counted: perl -e 'foreach (1..6) { system "wget -O - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/343583/page/$_"; }' | perl -pe 's/[^a-zA-Z]/\n/g' | fgrep -i boob | wc -l
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the last time I visited that thread, mostly it was still very positive and upbeat, with only a few unfriendlies. I thought her post was great an awesome and quite on the mark and reminded me so much of some jobs I've been in regarding customer support.

Hang in there, lady and sorry the unfriendlies pounded on you.

I'm going to change my name now for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well that was onix-pected.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Shebby have a free virtual hug

Keep on the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock On, Shebby! Rock On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
We got your back, girl! Sheesh, you were only venting about your job. Who doesn't do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, shebby that thread makes me sick.

I thought your original post was a good read, I enjoyed it.

Look at this Geeklist: Rants from a Game Store Employee It made many of the same points and didn't get that nasty reaction at all.

I guess you should never mention boobs if you have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.