Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently my favourite game. I quite like playing it with 6 card hand rather than 5. Anyone else tried anything similar?

Not too keen on US, Spanish, Austrians.

Really like Ottomans, Russians, Brits and French. Not sure about Prussians yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Shiny!
badge
Talking Aviator says: “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we use 6 cards to speed the game up a little bit. We deal the intial 5 cards before setting up our units, then take a 6th and keep our hands at 6 for the remainder of the game...

Next to France, Ottoman is my favourite -- all those cavalry really let them play fast!

Prussia plays pretty well. They are well balanced and have good leaders. I can't really get my head around Russia, though. They seem too plodding...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use six card hands when teaching the game. It keeps the options open and the hand management less frustrating when trying to grok the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep French, British and Ottomans are fun to play. Also like the Russians. Don't like the spanish, Austrians or Prussians.

Bizarrely we played a couple of games with the US V France for a laugh and the US won them both!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using the advanced rule where you choose the five cards that you have in your hand to begin with? Seems like a good compromise between the basic rules and this variant.

I like all the nations. But then, I like The Red Dragon Inn. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Watkins
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No actually never tried that idea. Not sure if it would work well or not....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.