Andreas E. Gebhardt
Germany
Birkenwerder
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject errata: My session parts 1 and 2 had been approved by the BGG authorities, while parts 3-5 had been declined. Well, the argument was I should have posted all into one single post, BUT this is just what I did some days before and the post was corrupted, missing more than half of the game session...

Third to fifth Part:

12:00-13:30 GT:
A. - Ott's units are all "in command" (as per special rules)
B. Ott has the initiative via die-roll (A=5, F=2)
C. (One of Massena's AMs (F-Ma) is put also in the cup as to rule 5.2.1)
3.1 (A-Ott)
* the Austrian artillery fires on close range onto Bertin's 5(b) =7 (modified=8=N/E).
* IR-37 enters Lonato castle
* the Austrian infantry tests for SC (modified 7) and fails.
* IR-10/I tests for recovery (=8) and fails too.
3.2 (F-Ma)
* Bonaparte and Rampon's 32(a+b) entering the map via 4021 in EM-road mode up to Lonato's entrance (3717;SW).
3.3 (F-De)
* no further action
3.4 (A-Ott)
* the Austrian artillery fires on close range onto Bertin's 5(b) =8 (modified=9, forcing the French to check cohesion, DR=5=N/E, leaving the French unsratched in place).
* IR-53's stack and the 2nd Hussars check again for SC (=4, modified 5 and 8) to pass for the infantry!
Result: =4 (modified 2), having the Austrians to disorder (=DR 1), but holding position.
* IR-10/I tests for recovery (=4) and fails.
3.5 - the last chit in the cup is layed aside - no further activation is done.
D. - F. are skipped.

13:30-15:00 GT:
A. - Ott's units are all "IC", as are all French units for Bonaparte's presents and as per rule 5.2.1.
B. Massena has the initiative via die-roll (A=0, F=2+2)
C. Now both of Ma's AMs are put into the cup.
3.1 (F-Ma)
* both Rampon's units move into Lonato (3616) and the 2nd Hussar's ZOC.
* the 25 Chasseurs riding up along the road to join Bonaparte at 3717;SW, followed by the Rampon's 11(c) to 3817;SW.
* when declaring SC towards the Austrian Hussars, they decide to retreat before combat (to 3415;NE), followed by the advancing French infantry.
3.2 (A-Ott)
* the Austrian artillery fires upon Bertin's 5(b), DR=4 (modified=N/E).
* 2nd Hussars disengage the French infantry to move toward the open flank of IR-53 at 3514;SE.
* IR-10/I tests for recovery (=0, having them recovered finally!!).
3.3 (F-De)
* the D'Allemagne's 11(c)infantry is moving up the Lonato road to join Rampon's 11(c).
* Bertin's 5(b) disengages the Austrians within Lonato and move to 3414 into 2nd Hussars's ZOC.
* Bertin's 5(a) retreats voluntarily toward the south-east edge of Lonato (3616) - this move is provoking an emptied town, but as most of the Austrian infantry is disordered, it may give the French time to recover the unit in the backyard.
* Bertin's 5(b) checks for SC and have the Austrian cavalry to stay in place for the defence of their infantry comrad's flank! (=4, modified 5 and 8) to pass for the infantry! (=3, to pass!)
Result: =8 (modified 9), having the Austrians to disorder (DRM 9) and recoil to 3613, followed by the advancing French!
3.4 (F-De)
* asking for Bonaparte's permission to join combat (DR=1), D'Allemagne is moving into Lonato and joins Bertin's 5(a)
* meanwhile Bertin's 5(b) is rotating 60 degrees to the right and test for SC against the Austrian infantry (=4, to pass).
Result: =2 (modified 4), having the French to disorder (DR=1), but holding position.
* Bertin's 5(a) passes his recovery check (=3)!
3.5 (A-Ott)
* what a dramatic! IR-10/I has to advance for their comrades relieve into the yaws of a disordered French infantry unit to push them off.
* a DR=8 let them deny the attack to hold position (3813;SE).
* still IR-53 and IR-10/II are retreating voluntary to 3714;SE.
3.6 - the last chit in the cup is layed aside - no further activation is done.
D. - E. are skipped.
F. - Bonaparte is very heroic and moves towards Lonato's unoccupied hex 3615!

15:00-1630 GT:
A. - Ott's units are all "IC", as are all French units for Bonaparte's presents.
B. Ott has the initiative via die-roll (A=9, F=0+2)
C.
3.1 (A-Ott)
* the Austrian artillery is firing upon Bonaparte! DR=6 (modified=N/E).
* the 2nd Hussars voluntary retreats to 3512;SE to await recovery within the next activation phase.
* IR-10/I is again checking for SC (DR=6) and fails again!
* meanwhile IR-10/II (DR=2) and IR-53 (DR=6) are checking for recovery, which brings back IR-10/I on full combat status, while IR-53 still keeps disordered.
3.2 (F-De)
* Bertin's 5(a) moves forward into Lonato to join Bonaparte in 3615 for SC against the Austrian artillery.
* meanwhile D'Allemagne moves around Lonato to join his disordered comrades at 3514 to face the Austrian IR-10/I.
* both units check for SC (DR=3/0) to pass!
* the Austrian artillery performs artillery reaction fire as per rule 7.1 and 8.3.3 (=4,modified=4,N/E)
Result: =7 (modified 9), having the Austrian artillery eliminated as per rule 8.5 and 8.9. The victorious French are advancing the toen hex.
* meanwhile IR-10/I is shock-attacked,
Result: =2 (modified 4), having the French to disorder (DR=1), but holding position.
Result: =9 (modified 11=break through!), having the Austrian to disorder and retreat.
* Bertin's 5(a) checks for recovery (DR=0) and passes.
3.3 (F-De, again!)
* Bertin's 5(a) is moving forward to 3614;N to assault the disordered Austrian infantry
* Bertin's 5(a+b) are checking now for SC (DR=1/8). 5(a) passes, but has to assault alone.
Result: =8 (modified 8), which routes IR-53 (to 3812) and disorders IR-10/II (DR=5), which recoils toward 3813, followed by the advancing French.
* finally, D'Allemagne's infantry checks for SC (DR=5) and passes
Result: =8 (modified 11, breakthrough!), having the Austrian routing to 3811 and the French in advancing position to assault against the disorderedIR-10/II and the routing IR-53.
Result: =8 (modified 10, another breakthrough!), eliminating IR-53 and routing IR-10/II towards 3812. No further advance is committed as per rule x.x.
3.4 (F-Ma)
* Bonaparte wishes to finish the Austrians and orders the two Rampon demi-brigades (a+) into 3716 for a bold assault towards Lonato castle.
* to assist the assault, he orders Rampon's 11(c) infantry to the easterly ridge side (3916;SW)
* the Chasseurs are sent to the south-westerly edge of Lonato (3614;SW) to charge the Austrian Hussars.
* 11(c) DR=4, 32(a) DR=6, 32(b) DR=6 to have all French attackers pass their aim!
Result: =4 (modified 5), having the Austrian to disorder. No further check is made for the castle owners as per rule x.x ???
* the Chasseurs check for charge (DR=9) and fail.
3.5 (A-Ott)
* no movement is undertaken
* 2nd Hussars check for recovery (DR=2) and passes.
* as does IR-10/I (DR=2, modified 3) passes.
* as does IR-10/II (DR-4) fails
3.6 - the last chit in the cup is layed aside - no further activation is done.
D. - is skipped.
E. - the Austrian IR-10/II routes along the S.Marco road toward 4008.
F. - Bonaparte moves towards Lonato's unoccupied hex 3814!

1630-18:00 GT:
A. - Ott's units are no longer "IC" as per Lonato-special rule, but all French units are.
B. - Ott has the initiative via die-roll (A=8, F=5+2)
C.
3.1 (A-Ott)
* the Austrians are desperatly trying to keep up the hope of a draw, but seem to have no chance
* 2nd Hussars withdraw back to 3711;SE and join IR-10/I's right flank.
* IR-10/II recovery attempt (DR=0) passes and gives a bit hope!
* IR-10/I's attempt to recover (DR=4) fails.
3.2 (F-Ma)
* the Chasseurs move forward to 3613;NW), preparing for a charge.
* the infantry is preparing a second attempt to clean the castle, having a SC-check by 11(c) DR=4, and both 32 (a+b) DR=8, modified 6/ and =2 passing all.
Result: =8 (modified 10), having the Austrian to eliminated and the castle back in French hands!
* the charge check (DR=3) is passed, the Austrian Hussars trying to counter-charge (DR=7) bringing the counter-charge into action!
Result: =0 (modified -3, possible defender advance!), having the French Chasseurs to disrorder and retreat (DR=6) towards 3612;NW. No advance is committed by the Austrians.
3.3 (F-De)
* Bertin's 5(b) surrounds IR-10/I's left flank while 5(a) and 11(c) join in front of the disordered Austrians for a bold assault. SC-checks are (=4/0), which fits for the assault.
Result: =5 (modified 14, breakthrough!) Is routing the Austrians to 3809, followed by the advancing French.
3.4 (F-De, again!)
* the 11(c)-stack advances into the disordered Austrian IR-10/II's ZOC at 4009, while
* 5(b) is approaching the routing Austrians south of the road
* SC-check (DR=4 for the stack/ =8 for 5(b) gives a bold assault along the road to Ponte S.Marco.
Result: 1 (modified 7) has the Austrians routing westward, the French advance a hex along the road.
3.5 (F-Ma)
* Rampon's 11(c) moves through Lonato to join Bonaparte on the westerly side
* followed by the two 32 demi-brigades.
3.6 - the last chit in the cup is layed aside - no further activation is due.
D. - is skipped.
E. - the Austrian IR-10/II routes along the S.Marco road to 4003, as is IR-10/I to 3805.
F. -
* Quosdanovich enters and moves directly north towards his beaten units, while
* Bonaparte is moving along the S.Marco road to join his advancing infantry of Despinoise's command.
----
...to be continued at Part 6 & end! see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/350326/replay-of-jour-de...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice AAR. Sounds like an interesting battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.